Integrated Dealer Systems (IDS) is a leading management software provider for RV, Marine and Trailer dealerships. Innovative software solutions from IDS empower Dealerships with information to effectively manage and grow their business. Our software helps our Dealerships clients to position themselves for growth, financing, acquisition, or IPO. Our customers are among the largest RV and Marine dealerships with Constellation as their trusted technology partner.
IDS commitment to dealership software is second to none, with an innovative and exceptional engineering team dedicated to software development and support, and constant enhancements to our solutions. Backed by Constellation Software, we are committed to RV and Marine dealerships and the technology that powers them.
We are looking for a Software Development Manager. As a Software Development Manager, you will leverage your technical leadership and people management skills to guide a team of engineers. You will be responsible for hiring developers and growing your existing team. You will help define new features, provide high level estimate and own the end-to-end development process and overall quality of the final product. Specially, you will need to fully understand and enforce software engineering best practices including general coding standards, code reviews, source control management, automated build processes, refactoring legacy code, profiling, code analysis and unit testing
In this position you will provide both strategic and tactical oversight and be responsible for building a best-in-class development team that delivers high quality Enterprise software that fully meet business requirements and can operate at scale. The right candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy the challenge of working through complex and ambiguous problems. Good communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Collaborate in a team environment across multiple scientific and engineering disciplines, making the architectural tradeoffs required to rapidly deliver software solutions.
- Develop software for a variety of consumer devices, including windows desktop and mobile.
- Write clean readable code, debug complex problems that span systems, prioritize ruthlessly and get things done with a high level of efficiency.
- Manage a team of 7+ software engineers working on Enterprise Dealership applications.
- Provide team guidance, regular feedback, education, coaching and mentoring.
- Perform regular code reviews and improve the software engineering quality of the team.
- Create career development plans, manage performance, write performance reviews, and recruit new software engineers.
The chosen individual will work out of the Contour Software Karachi resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department. Desired Skills and Responsibilities:
Nice to Have:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years experience building Enterprise applications.
- 2+ years experience managing software engineers.
- Proven track record of professional software development, including shipping one or more products on large code bases that span platforms and tools.
- Problem solving and optimization ability.
- Communication skills and demonstrated experience working across disciplines to drive solutions.
- Strong object-oriented design and "clean code” programming experience in C#.
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for large-scale distributed software systems.
- Background in architect level roles and in working with product management on defining and building business systems.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Enterprise applications requirements.
- Experience refactoring legacy code using code analysis, profiling and refactoring tools such as Reshaper, FxCop, SonarLint.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Experience leading an agile transition from Waterfall.
- Experience with distributed version controls such as GIT.
- 2-3 years SaaS and mobile development experience.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment