Harris Recording Solutions is a business unit of Harris Computer Systems, which provides utility, public sector, schools and health care software solutions to over 66,500 customers. It has more than 100 office locations and 4,750 employees. Harris Recording Solutions (HRS) provides a full suite of revolutionary software for many County Clerks and Recorders. These software solutions allow our customers to automate the recording process, delivering significant reductions in document handling/processing times.
The division is seeking a SQL Server DBA who will be primarily responsible for the maintenance and performance of databases, to ensure the availability and optimal performance. This includes proven track record of writing SQL DDL and DML.
Hired candidate will also be working with other members of the support and development groups to identify and resolve problems.
The successful hire will be located and work out of the Contour Software Lahore office, working as part of the resource-center team, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
Primary responsibilities include:
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Monitor and troubleshoot performance and manage parameters in order to provide fast responses to front-end users.
- Refining the database physical design to meet system requirements
- Work in development team to write new SQL for product enhancements and optimize existing SQL
- Work with support and development teams to diagnose and fix poorly running or incorrect SQL queries
- Maintain an optimized SQL environment, health monitoring and housekeeping
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to all Privacy laws
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- Script and maintain test and demonstration data sets
- Automate archival and / or obfuscation of old data
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
- Production support, problem diagnosis, problem resolution.
- Ability to work independently, are flexible, self-motivated and a team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- University/College education or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related discipline
- Minimum 3+ years as a SQL Server Database development experience including performance troubleshooting and improvement.
- A demonstrable track record of writing and optimizing SQL queries and stored procedures
- Minimum 2+ years of experience with data modeling, T-SQL, DB maintenance.
- Development experience in .NET a plus
- Strong ability to assist with the design and implementation of changes to both development and production environments
- Strong problem-solving abilities, and ability to pick up and adapt to new concepts quickly
- Strong ability to follow prescribed development standards and to work as a team player
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment