EWS Group has been providing solutions to our customer's complex problems for over a decade. We understand business is more than just materials, resources and spreadsheets - it's people. This is demonstrated in our commitment to developing and working only with solutions that improve the experience of all the people involved in your business.
We are seeking an energetic Software Developers to provide the technical expertise to create enhancements, code corrections, and add new functionality for the EWS Group product line. Software Developers fulfill both the support and development programming roles and work in teams with other developers, product analysts and management when appropriate.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop software using C++, C#, Angular, HTML, Swift, SQL
- Deliver fixes, enhancements, interfaces, and new systems in accordance with expected, and committed schedules
- Prepare estimates for enhancements and/or new development. Work with Product Managers, Senior Developers, Product Analysts and/or other subject matter experts as necessary to determine project scope and methodology
- Review the code of other developers' fixes, enhancements, interfaces, and new systems. Offering suggestions, alternatives or spotting problematic code
- Learn and use team/infrastructure and EWS Group standards for all phases of product development. Understand design and implementation of existing systems and apply necessary enhancements where required
- Contribute to customer satisfaction by ensuring accuracy, quality and responsive delivery times in all duties. Perform thorough unit testing and ensure that software developed integrates into the core system
- Diligently manage all source code changes using the assigned version control tools. Document all development updates accurately within the company's issue tracking systems
- Perform other duties as assigned
The chosen individual will work out of the Contour Software Lahore resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 1+ years' experience developing and supporting software applications in a Windows environment desirable.
- Bachelor's degree in programming, software engineering or related field preferred or equivalent experience and/or demonstrated development skills.
- Experience participating in a team-based agile software development environment preferred.
- Experience developing database applications using the SQL data manipulation language.
- Familiarity with relational database management system concepts and constructs.
- Experience developing software using one or more of the following: SQL Server, C#, .NET, C++.
- Sound knowledge of object-oriented development concepts.
- Strong problem solving, technical, application / system troubleshooting skills with the ability to think clearly and resolve issues efficiently under pressure.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools required.
- Ability to learn and master new technology and is personally committed to continuously improve through self-development.
- Flexibility in design and development approach, with ability to adapt to different styles for different projects.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and to cope successfully with diversity and complexity in a dynamic environment .
- Adaptable to changing schedules and priorities as needed.
- Patience, flexibility and an ability to handle pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Strong interpersonal and team relationship skills; able to work well individually or as part of team.
- Desire to provide outstanding products and customer service. Focuses on project quality, completeness and thoroughness.
- Must show initiative by offering ideas to help improve the department.
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality concerning development projects.
- Ability to learn on the fly and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity when facing new problems.
Candidates with no experience of C++ should be willing to learn.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment