Are you looking to be part of a company that is a proven leader in its industry? Do you want to work with the best and brightest where your creativity and ideas are valued? Come join our team where you will work with an amazing group of people that have fun building, selling and supporting world class products!
We are looking for a talented individual to join our team in the role of a Principal Database Administrator who will focus improving the efficiency of our infrastructure and availability of our applications. This person will lead in the management and oversight of our database infrastructure, including Microsoft SQL, MySQL and PostgreSQL. This candidate must have strong analysis and troubleshooting skills with experience managing enterprise class applications and infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary owner of ensuring smooth operations for database infrastructure
- Ensure that databases are optimally configured, and work with development team to optimize the use of the database from the application perspective, including query profiling, table indexing, file layout, etc.
- Perform database-related performance tuning and optimization as suggested by statistics gathered, such as improving and revising poorly written queries, rebuilding/updating table indices and statistics, performing database cleanups and archives, reconfiguring default configuration, and other database tuning processes that help to improve the performance of the system
- Setup and manage replication topologies for high-availability
- Manage database security – granting/revoking permissions and ensuring security practices are in place and followed as part of the overall IT security initiative. Makes recommendations for the on-going security and dual-control aspects of database control and operation. Perform periodical audit of database access rights to prevent unauthorized access compliance with regulatory requirements
- Setup and maintain highly available database architectures
- Knowledge of SQL Server tools ( Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, system sprocs)
- Expert experience in implementing operational automation.
- Design, implement, and test disaster recovery scenarios for minimizing RTO and meeting RPO goals
- Ensure that database backups are current and available for all production databases at all times, testing policies, and practices are in place and followed in order to minimize the risk of data loss
- Participate in on-call rotation schedule
- Assist our customers and employees with application issues
- Participate in the analysis and staging process of application developments, application deployments/installation through a release process, and other various support functions in the system development life cycle
- Organizes large-scale complex DB projects into manageable deliverables and activities
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems + 8 years' experience
- Master's Degree Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems + 8 years' experience
- 8+ years' experience in Database Administration including:
- 8+ years' of T-SQL programming.
- 8+ years' working with MS SQL Server (2012 and newer).
- 1+ years' experience working with MySQL databases
- 4+ years' experience working Microsoft database cluster technologies (AlwaysOn, failover clusters, mirroring, log shipping, etc.)
- 2+ years' experience with .NET framework
- 4+ years' experience with data conversion technologies including SSIS & MSDTC
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills including experience with SQL Profiler & Management Studio
- Proactive self-starter with the ability drive projects through to completion
- Experience with concurrently optimizing the DBMS for functionality, tuneability, reliability, supportability, availability, scalability and extensibility, normalization and referential integrity
- Certifications: Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) in Database Administration
- Experience working with PCI, Sarbanes Oxley, or other compliance-related initiatives
- Experience working with public cloud technologies (Azure SQL Databases, etc.)
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Experience working with virtualization technologies (VMware preferred).
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment