Zurple & Z57 are two of the ever-growing number of product divisions under the Real Estate vertical of Constellation Software Inc. Zurple provides thousands of Realtors with a robust marketing automation platform. Z57 is an innovative real estate marketing company, with a product specifically for agents, teams, and small to mid-size offices focused on an online and social media presence.
The division is looking to hire a Software Reliability Engineer who will join the Software Engineering team and become one of the main contributors to the design and evolution of the software architecture and cloud infrastructures hosting the customers applications and systems.
As a SRE your main responsibilities will be:
We expect you to:
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing software systems and platforms
- Continue moving the platform and team forward, upgrading to current frameworks (e.g. PHP, Java, Zend, etc.)
- Design & implement software and cloud architecture satisfying requirements of reliability, scalability and security.
- Design and implement application monitoring, identifying the metrics and specifying the alerts.
- Participate in debugging production issues across services and levels of the stack.
- Deliver production solutions that are reliable and scale, identifying automation points, and propose ideas on how to improve efficiency.
- Improve the performance of the system by either making better use of resources, distributing load or reducing the latency.
- Partner with the Operations team to identify & resolve performance bottlenecks within the code and infrastructure
- Document every action so your learnings turn into repeatable actions and then into automation.
- Researches new software development and deployment methodologies and technologies and analyze their application to current and future needs.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
- 5 years+ of experience developing web-based applications
- Experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
Nice to have:
- Experience with multi-tier web architecture
- Familiarity both developing and consuming API endpoints
- Strong experience with database query development and optimization
- 3+ years experience writing complex database queries, functions, and/or procedures
- Experience working with application frameworks: Zend, Redis, Angular, jquery, vagrant
- Experience working with AWS and related technologies: EC2, ELB, S3, Cloudfront, SNS
- Experience with IntelliJ Idea and debugging multi-tier applications
- Experience with Git and subversion for source control management
- Good experience with scripting languages (Python, Perl, shell).
- Experience with Apache Tomcat.
- Good communication skills in English.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Strong knowledge of Linux OS
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills using Java on Linux platform (jetty)
- Experience with administration of Oracle database.
- Experience with caching and search technologies (e.g. Elastic Search, Redis, Memcache, etc.)
- Experience with Docker containers and container orchestration tools (ex. Kubernetes, Docker Swarm).
- Experience with the ELK stack (Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana) logging system.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment