GoldCare is a leading provider of healthcare information management software for community, residential and long-term care organizations. Founded in 1988, GoldCare is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc., under the Perseus operating group. Built for long-term care facilities, GoldCare provides comprehensive care and management solutions for single or multi-site aged care providers and is the solution of choice for 200 residential and community support clients, with 350 sites across North America, Australia, and New Zealand.
The division is looking to hire a technical writer on contractual basis for a period of 1 year. Our documentation suite is comprised of quick reference cards, concept guides, training exercises and videos, end-user reference, and setup & implementation information. Working collaboratively with the Product team, including developers and project leaders, the successful hire will write and revise task-oriented reference documentation, release notes, FAQs and online help in HTML.
The successful hire must be comfortable in a technical environment and be able to successfully translate enterprise application functional/technical information into user documentation. The selected candidate shall work out of the Contour Software Karachi office, working as part of the resource-center team, as an extension of the onshore R&D team.
Role & Responsibilities:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Develop technical written and visual content for commercial enterprise software for the target audience.
- Research and translate technical information into user-oriented information for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Design, develop, and maintain content delivered in several formats to fit the needs of multiple users.
- Create workflow and usability processes and present this in written overviews and in video tutorials.
- Participate in release planning and design discussion as part of an Agile team.
- Review and research release information while working independently but with open communication with design and product development teams.
- Maintain Microsoft Word library.
- Add and update Microsoft Word help files and integrate with Online Help.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Bachelor's Degree in one or more technical field, such as software design and engineering.
- 1-3 years of experience as an effective technical writer [Fresh Graduates with adequate relevant skills are also encouraged to apply].
- Excellent command of grammar, spelling, and technical writing.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of effective business communication.
- Technical and detailed-oriented.
- Ability to obtain, coordinate, synthesize, and present technical information.
- Ability to understand customer usage and produce content to meet their needs.
- Self-directed and self-motivated.
- Intelligent, creative, and innovative.
- Desire to constantly improve own knowledge, Client new techniques, and reflectively evaluate and improve upon existing materials.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Experience with HTML, Captivate & RoboHelp.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand complex software changes and translate to multiple audiences.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment