Dealer Information Systems Corporation, a division of Constellation Software Inc., is a leading business management software provider to agricultural, construction, truck refrigeration and lift truck dealers in North America. It provides technology that powers its customers i.e. 2400+ agricultural, construction & material handling equipment dealers. Serving the dealer is its #1 priority, and we pride ourselves in doing so with integrity, innovative ideas, and the desire to have a positive influence on our industry.
The division is looking to hire two documentation specialists to work collaboratively with the Product team, developers, and project leaders. The prospective hires will write and revise task-oriented reference documentation, release notes, guides, and online help in HTML. The documentation suite includes descriptions of individual changes, guides for major components of the software and marketing literature.
The successful hires must be comfortable in a technical environment and be able to successfully translate enterprise application functional/technical information into user documentation. The successful hires are also expected to work on creating short videos and therefore knowledge of using video editing software and excellent verbal communication skills are a must. The selected candidates shall work out of the Contour Software Lahore office, working as part of the resource-center team, as an extension of the onshore R&D team.
Role & Responsibilities:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Develop technical written and visual content for commercial enterprise software for the dealership industry.
- Research and translate technical information into user-oriented information for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Design, develop, and maintain content delivered in several formats to fit the needs of multiple users.
- Create workflow and usability processes and present this in written overviews and in video tutorials.
- Participate in release planning and design discussion as part of an Agile team.
- Review and research release information while working independently but with open communication with design and product development teams.
- Maintain Microsoft Word library.
- Add and update Microsoft Word help files and integrate with Online Help.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Bachelors Degree in one or more technical field, such as software design and engineering.
- 3-10 years of experience as an effective technical writer.
- Excellent command of grammar, spelling, and technical writing.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of effective business communication.
- Technical and detailed-oriented.
- Ability to obtain, coordinate, synthesize, and present technical information.
- Ability to understand customer usage and produce content to meet their needs.
- Self-directed and self-motivated.
- Intelligent, creative, and innovative.
- Desire to constantly improve own knowledge, Client new techniques, and reflectively evaluate and improve upon existing materials.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Experience working with Doc-To-Help and/or Camtasia Studio.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand complex software changes and translate to multiple audiences.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment