Tucasi is driving new standards in the innovation and design of software solutions for the Education Online Payments Sector. Already the established leader, we continuously challenge our great team to extend and enhance an extensive portfolio of desktop and web-based products in an exciting and rewarding environment.
Working as part of a team and reporting to the Head of Development this pivotal role will ensure the delivery of high quality software solutions that meet the expectations of customers and enable the business to achieve its ambitious growth demands.
Tucasi has created a vivid vision describing where the company needs to be in the next 3+ years and as part of this vision there is a need to rearchitect its existing products utilizing the latest web, Java and mobile based technologies. This role will provide a significant contribution to this strategy and as a result this is a very exciting time to join the company.
We are looking for an energetic Software Developer to take on this exciting role within our busy team. Reporting to the Head of Development this role will be a hands-on position for our core products, collaborating with the team to develop, support, test and maintain our market leading software. You'll get the opportunity to shape the next generation of our market leading Schools Administration software and although we are looking for an allrounder the ideal candidate would have experience and interests in relation to UI development.
The selected candidate will work out of the Contour Software Karachi or Islamabad resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
Primary responsibilities include but not limited to:
Required Qualifications & Skills: Essential
- Analyse software requirements for a given project.
- Identify impact of possible implementation options.
- Write automated unit, integration and UI tests where needed
- Test and review code for technical accuracy, standards, and functional compliance to the design.
- Performance improvement and refactoring of existing code.
- Work within deadlines in relation to product release timelines, and consistently complete assigned development tasks in required timeframes.
- Follow and contribute to software development processes and standards.
- To share knowledge and skills with others.
- Highlight task level issues and risks as appropriate and assist in finding solutions.
- Coaching and mentoring other members of the team.
- Hands-on development in an agile environment (SCRUM).
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in software application development.
- Substantial knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming and design patterns.
- Good knowledge of Relational Databases, modern IDEs and version control software, such as SVN or Git.
- Good understanding of Service Oriented Architecture.
- High level of accuracy and fluency in written and spoken English.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, and ability to pick up and adapt to new concepts quickly.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Mobile app development ideally using Xamarin.
- eCommerce experience.
- .Net based languages.
- Experience of the following: Spring, Hibernate.
- Experience using issue tracking software such as JIRA.
- Strong computing skills with the ability to pick up new concepts and tools easily.
- Proven ability to multitask, and manage conflicting priorities in a pressurised environment.
- Results orientated with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to build relationships and work effectively with others at all levels across the business in person, by phone and on email, including proven experience interacting directly with end users.
- Experience of payment processing systems.
- Has a broad interest in diverse IT technologies and their use in business.
- Imaginative and creative in solving problems.
- Great team player celebrating team achievement above individual achievement.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain issues clearly and simply, both orally and in writing.
- Open and friendly personality.
- Collaborate to achieve team goals.
- Creative and demonstrates flair.
- A flexible and adaptable attitude.
- Commitment to quality and customer satisfaction.
- The motivation to complete activities both individually and as a team.
- Solution-focused, with ability to prioritise.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- Persistent and resilient under pressure, with a good sense of humour.
- Accurate, with high attention to detail.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment