Innovative software solutions from IDS empower Dealerships with information to effectively manage and grow their business. Our software helps our Dealerships clients to position themselves for growth, financing, acquisition, or IPO. Our customers are among the largest RV and Marine dealerships with Constellation as their trusted technology partner.
IDS commitment to dealership software is second to none, with an exceptional engineering group dedicated to innovative software development and support, and constant enhancements to our solutions. Backed by Constellation Software, we are committed to RV and Marine dealerships and the technology that powers them.
The Database Developer will collaborate with development teams to design, develop, test, implement and maintain new and existing databases.
The hired employee will be located and work out of the Contour Software Karachi office, working as part of the resource-center, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
Primary responsibilities include but not limited to:
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Work as the database developer to implement the overall architecture approach and process hands-on experience designing, creating, and implementing data solutions.
- Ensure data quality and integrity in databases.
- Identify any issues related to database performance and provide corrective measures.
- Create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures, and triggers to support application development.
- Provide technical guidance in database engineering techniques and automated support tools.
- Lead our migration from a legacy database to Postgres.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of Relational Database implementation experience in a business-critical, high-availability context. - primarily on Postgres (Oracle/My SQL/SQL server are viable alternatives).
- Expert in performance optimization (Schema Design, Query tuning and Optimization, and Data Migration and Integration).
- Experience scaling databases up/out.
- Experience in complete ETL cycle including data analysis, database design, data mapping and conversion and data load as well as implementing Test-driven development (TDD).
- Reporting and Analytics presentation layer expertise including Dashboards, Reporting, and OLAP.
- Knowledge of modern software development practices such as agile methodologies and DevOps.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment