The Perseus Operating Group, a division of Constellation Software (TSX:CSU), is seeking an energetic, independent and detail oriented Financial Accountant to join our Contour office. The successful candidate will be able to accurately maintain a general ledger and invoice management process, have a strong understanding of the intricacies of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, and other financial transactions within an organization. The Financial Accountant will have excellent communication, business, and analytical skills. This individual is efficient, resourceful, and has the ability and willingness to maintain confidentialities.
The Special Operations and Legal teams are seeking a qualified Financial Accountant to assist in the overall legal invoice management and financial analysis. This is an important supportive role, keeping our company financial outlook bright with precision and proactive measures. The successful candidate will be able to accurately maintain a general ledger, collect pertinent information for audits, and a strong understanding of the intricacies of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, and other financial transactions within an organization. The Financial Accountant will have excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills. This individual is efficient, resourceful, and has the ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality.
The Financial Accountant's responsibilities include maintaining legal invoice management as well as providing financial analysis of overall company legal spend. In addition to that, the ideal candidate will act as an partner between the Legal and Special Operations team, which would require communicating and coordinating with Perseus General Counsel and external legal firms. The Financial Accountant will assist the Special Operations team and Legal team with ad-hoc projects as needed and respond to information requests by management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The candidate should have strong analytical skills and be able to work with large data sets.
- The candidate should have strong organizational and communication skills allowing him or her to manage multiple priorities while maintaining exceptional attention to detail.
- Be proactive and eager to contribute and learn and provide solutions. Maintaining a continuous improvement mindset and proactively identify, review, and implement process improvements.
The following are the essential duties and responsibilities and other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in the documentation, preparation and roll forward of the monthly legal analysis.
- Assist in the calculation and analysis of the monthly accrual process for legal spend.
- Maintain Legal invoice management including invoice coding and submission, communicating with outside firms on outstanding payables
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Coordinate with the Legal department on any information requests and assistance on audits.
- Analyze information by developing spreadsheet reports, verifying information.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Verify account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from account managers, account representatives, vendors, and customers.
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in accounting, business economics, or finance required. 2+ years of accounting experience. Familiarity with accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures. Working knowledge of GAAP. Strong numeracy and analytical skills. Good problem-solving and time management skills. Highly organized and detail oriented. Reasoning Ability
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Language Skills
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business processes, technical procedures, or county and state regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, vendors, colleagues, and the general public. Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains Database software; Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, SAP Concur, Microsoft Outlook Internet software; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Office Word Processing software. Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment