We are looking to hire an IT Helpdesk Trainee, for our Lahore Office. The candidate will be assisting the existing IT/Network Operations team to ensure the computer network performance meets company and user satisfaction.
Job Qualification & Specifications
- Serving as the first point of contact for end-user support of computer systems/network on a routine basis via IT Helpdesk
- Assists the Network team in designing and configuring the company's local, wired and wireless, and voice systems
- Manages the daily activities of local network systems and perform diagnostics
- Responsible for installation, administration, and testing of operating systems, software, switches, cabling, and other related network components/equipment under the guidance of the Team Lead in accordance with published standards
- Assists the Network team in developing, monitoring, and implementing network security procedures for safeguarding all networking systems
- Maintains records of work completed and in-progress; and updates network documentation to record installations, upgrades, configurations, etc
- Manages network management programs and assists the Team Lead in preparing network status reports
- You must be able to prioritize remediation of issues in an environment with critical uptime requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/IT or equivalent.
The below certifications/trainings are highly desirable in addition to the above requirements:
Nice to Have
- CCNA certification in either Routing & Switching or security.
- Microsoft Certified Professional in Server Infrastructure.
- Must have knowledge of the following:
- Networking protocols, and standards
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, WDS
- Windows Operating Systems
- Network cabling standards and able to make network cables when required
- VPN and VPN tunnels
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Keen interest in Computer hardware, operating system and networks.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Varied shift schedules may include day or evening hours.
- Knowledge and experience with Linux servers
- Knowledge and experience with Firewalls.
- Knowledge and experience with Network Monitoring Tools.