Cunninghams Epos Group is a leading national company specializing in the design and integration of software solutions for the Retail and Hospitality sectors. Our solutions include extensive Point of Sale capability, Stock Control, Online Table Bookings and Webstores. The company is continuously developing new products, features and functionality to meet the needs of our customers. We have national presence with regional offices in Kent, Birmingham, Ramsbottom.
With a mission to provide a full suite of solutions to our customers and become the supplier of choice, Cunninghams EPOS Group cherishes brand values of ambition, caring commitment and agility bound to a strong engineering base of technical competence.
We are looking for a Software Developer with the expertise in C# web development, willing to learn and work with Magento & Shopify web platforms and their APIs, and to take on an exciting role within our busy team of 5 developers. Reporting to the Development Manager, this role will be a hands-on position for our core products, collaborating with the team to develop, support and test new and existing products.
You will have the opportunity to work on full life cycle using agile methodologies. The individual will thrive in a fast-paced environment, solving complex problems.
In addition, you will be given access to online training resource such as Pluralsight to further your own development.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Analyse software requirements.
- Write unit tests.
- Identify product impact and possible implementation options.
- Hands-on development in an agile environment.
- Test and review code for technical accuracy, standards, and functional compliance to the design.
- Performance and scalability improvement and refactoring of legacy code.
- Work within deadlines in relation to product release timelines and consistently complete assigned. development tasks in required timeframes.
- Daily reporting of development activities.
- Follow defined software development processes and standards.
- Responsibly follow planned and assigned task lists.
- Design robust and scalable solutions.
- To share knowledge and skills with others.
- Highlight task level issues and risks as appropriate and assist in finding solutions.
- Problem solving.
- Fixing bugs in existing projects.
- Testing new features thoroughly to ensure they perform the correct task in all cases.
- Staying up to date with new trends and advancements in web development.
- Documenting code so other developers can understand and contribute to it.
- Providing 3rd line support, assisting our support department, and talking directly to customers.
The chosen individual will be expected to also learn and adopt Magento & Shopify web platforms and their APIs, and will
work out of the Contour Software Islamabad resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department. JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Essential:
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming.
- Knowledge of Relational Databases.
- Self-improvement and ability to learn on the fly.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio and the C# language.
- Experience of any of the following: Entity Framework, HTML, HTML5, Web Programming Skills, Web User Interface Design (UI), Security.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL databases.
- Experience with Web Services (REST / SOAP).
Your Personal Characteristics will include:
- Knowledge of modern IDEs
- Experience with Magento & Shopify web platforms and their APIs.
- Knowledge of developing mobile friendly web applications
- Knowledge of developing WinForms apps and WPF
- Knowledge of using Dev Ops
- Ability to use version control software
- Agile/Scrum development process exposure
- Previous use of bug tracking software
- Software engineering-related degree
- Relevant industry certification.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain issues clearly and simply, both verbal and in writing
- Collaborate to achieve team goals
- Creative and demonstrates flair
- Logical and analytical, with a methodical approach to problem-solving
- Accurate, with high attention to detail
- Self-motivated, resourceful and keen to learn and share knowledge
- Able to remain calm and problem-solve under pressure
- Open and friendly personality
- Able to motivate others and keen to learn and share knowledge.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment