Founded in 1983 and welcomed to the Harris family in 2004, Cayenta business unit is the North American leader in technology for medium to large utility clients. We provide innovative end-to-end CIS and ERP solutions that were engineered from the ground up to be agile and seamless, ensuring that our clients have a platform for operational success.
We are looking for a Software Developer, to work out of the Contour Software Karachi resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
- For the first month, a 4-hours overlay to work with the Vancouver team (Pacific Standard Time) is required. Thereafter a 2-hours overlay.
- Then in an ongoing basis, the resource is expected to be available to attend online team meetings and follow-up every weekday for 2 hours (Pacific Standard Time).
- Work as key member of R&D team to analyze and program changes in Uniface and web-based product suite.
- Maintain development deadlines and provide estimates.
- Analyze and troubleshoot product stability issues reported by clients.
- Utilize programming skills to ensure delivered code meets high standards of quality and reusability.
- Follow functional/technical specifications and work with Business Analysts to ensure delivered code meets specifications.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance and DevOps teams to support release process for changes.
- Communicate with both internal and external clients to ensure changes that meet requirements.
- Actively participate in code review and knowledge sharing sessions.
- Assist Professional Services/Support staff as required with investigations of technical issues.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years' experience developing and deploying code using Uniface language/toolset (Version 9 or higher).
- 3+ years' experience developing, deploying or supporting commercial, customer facing solutions (either distributed and/or mainframe applications).
- Solid knowledge and experience with Git and SQL Server.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with capability to drive alternative design solutions.
- Ability to thrive in an agile environment.
- Ability to rapidly assimilate business and functional concepts.
- Creative / excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication and collaboration skills with ability to communicate to target audiences at all levels.
- Ability to operate independently, autonomously and proactively (requiring minimal supervision) while managing multiple assignments concurrently.
- Ability to quickly build and nurture effective relationships with relevant customer groups and functional areas.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment