Outdoor Power Equipment - OPE is a group within Constellation Dealership. It is recognized as the leader in business management software for Outdoor Power Equipment dealers. Constellation Dealership provides a suite of market leading Software products designed specifically for dealerships. Over 2,000 dealerships across North America, United Kingdom, Ireland and Africa, rely on one our products to make their dealership more successful. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc. Constellation Software is a leading provider of software and services to a select group of public and private sector markets. Constellation, manages and builds industry specific software businesses which provide specialized, mission-critical software solutions that address the needs of our customers.
OPE is seeking an experienced Software Installation and Upgrade Engineer, located at the Contour Lahore office, who will be responsible for installation and configuration of systems. A resource with IT/Network administration knowledge and basic exposure to software deployment can succeed. Someone with enterprise software installation/implementation experience will be ideal.
The successful hire will be located and work out of the Contour Software Lahore office, working as part of the resource-center team, as an extension of the division-based PS department.
- This includes software installation at new customers as well as upgrades of existing customer deployments.
- You must have a solid understanding of industry best practices and hands-on experience managing the remote deployment of desktop applications over a widely distributed client base.
- The position will work with the PSG team on the client servers and also on hosted environment.
- The role requires managing a large and varied infrastructure as it grows.
- The position includes building out the appropriate tools and processes to make your own job easier and planning for future platform growth.
- Deployment coordination and planning.
- Installation of software to new clients.
- Performing upgrades on existing clients.
- Liaison with new/existing clients on the above tasks.
- Manage the deployment of production, staging and test environments.
- Improve automated deployment processes.
- 4+ years Windows Server management experience (IIS, SQL Server essential).
- Experience with virtualized and cloud environments (Azure experience a plus).
- High level of accuracy and fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to negotiate / work with other teams across all levels.
- A familiarity with IT/network administration
- A familiarity with software development methodologies, tools, languages and approaches.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Diligent, responsible and conscious of the security and privacy implications when connected to OPE client sites.
- Strong customer service ethos.
- Results orientated with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to build relationships and work effectively with others at all levels across the business.
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things higher
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment