SmartWorks is a division of N. Harris Computer Corporation. For over a decade, SmartWorks has been providing best-in-class meter data management and analytics solutions to more than 300 utilities throughout North America and the Caribbean.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer (Java), who will be responsible for:
The chosen individual will work out of the Contour Software Karachi resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
- Conducting code reviews for all code the products development team delivers to QA.
- Accountable for documenting all system & implementation requirements the software has.
- Hands-on code development for highly responsive and resilient solutions.
- Caring deeply about user experiences, implementations, and the ongoing operational success that turns a product that customers need into a product they want for life.
- Distributing work for high velocity and quality deliverables, overseeing and mentoring of 2 offshore developers.
- Investigating customer tickets promptly where investigations were unresolvable by first-line support; working closely with customers verbally and in writing to resolve their reported issues.
- Ability to manage work items in tight deadlines and within a fixed R&D release schedule.
- Diligence and attention to detail in the teams record-keeping within corporate systems.
- Participate in product evolution strategies.
- Doing whatever it takes to make the product or service useful, exciting, and successful.
Desired Skills and Responsibilities:
Nice to have:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8+ years of experience of developing enterprise applications using Java and JSP.
- Experience as a full stack developer with knowledge of OOP design patterns and their implementation.
- Experience writing SQL and stored procedures using PL/SQL (Oracle) and PL/pgSQL (PostgreSQL).
- Relational database design principles.
- Experience of creating and consuming REST APIs.
- Experience of using GIT as the source control.
- Strong analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Get it done mentality with a love for creative problem solving.
- Good verbal and written communications.
- Able to follow detailed written instructions.
- Prior experience of working in team lead capacity.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Machine Learning.
- Python development experience.
- Data Science.
- Expertise in application security.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment