Freestyle Software, a division of Constellation Software Inc., provides enterprise-class order, inventory and customer management solutions that integrate easily with eCommerce platforms to drive efficiency, productivity, insight and growth for multichannel retailers. Freestyle Softwares proven solutions help small- to medium-sized companies grow faster by automating critical back-office functions to support an expanded eCommerce presence, including: multichannel order management; inventory visibility and control across multiple channels; drop ship management; rapid, reliable order fulfillment; customer management; and integration with Magento, BigCommerce, Shopify, eBay and others.The DevOps Technical Manager is a new role that will oversee the Contour DevOps resources that work for each Retail portfolio business unit.
Also based within the Contour team the manager is expected to provide leadership and day to day management of the local Contour team and projects in addition to acting as a central contact point for each BU.
Each BU DevOps team will be responsible for establishing projects and priorities in collaboration with the DevOps Technical Manager.
The DevOps Technical Manager is a key implementation and delivery owner for the organization who will focus on:
As a successful individual in this role, you will have the following experience:
- Design: by reviewing initiatives and designing solutions for large and medium scale projects. This includes selection and review of technology frameworks/architectures to be used on projects, for both cloud and on-premise environments.
- Coach: provide leadership among the engineering team. Engage and grow engineers through new or existing solutions, while providing clear career paths.
- Implement: Develop, analyze, and implement digital technology solutions with appropriate software design methodology, while streamlining DevOps best-practices.
- Requirements: work close to business experts, Project Managers, R&D, and other engineering teams on breaking down project requirements into development tasks. Ensure successful delivery of the roadmap, on-time, and within the budget.
- Documentation: participate in the discovery of new projects, create architectural diagrams, and document technical requirements. Performs security risk assessments and creates remediation plans.
- Continuous Improvement: the passion for increasing quality and driving business value, while acting as the driver for innovation and process maturity.
- Communication: by sharing knowledge and thought leadership to the entire organization, including strategic technical directions.
- Project Management: monitor progress, manage risks and provide status updates on specific BU projects and initiatives.
- Experience as a solution architect or any other similar experience in IT business architectures
- Strong experience working with AWS (preferable) or any another public cloud platform, in a high-tech environment
- Hands-on expertise across technology infrastructure including networking, compute, storage, and virtualization/ containerization
- Deep experience running Linux-based and Windows-based production systems
- Good understanding of the architectural principals of cloud-based platforms (SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS)
- Solid understanding of common software and application vulnerabilities, along with the ability to make risk-based decisions
- Expertise in automating infrastructure, configuration, and deployments
- Knowledge of a modern programming language (Python, GO, Ruby, Powershell, etc.)
- Experience in designing, implanting, and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Keen interest in DevOps methodologies and technologies (Docker, Ansible, Git, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, etc.)
- Excellent organization, planning, time management, and analytical skills. Strong team building, interpersonal, communication, and motivational skills
- Ability to lead and supervise in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment while managing multiple priorities
- public cloud certifications such as AWS Certified Solution Architect Professional, AWS DevOps Engineer Professional, Azure Solutions Architect / DevOps Engineer Expert, Professional Cloud Architect / DevOps Engineer, are a plus
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Team Oriented: You embrace the ideas of others in the best interests of the company and our customers.
- Driven: You are a driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose can-do attitude inspires others.
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and are excited by the chance to play a larger role.
- Passionate: You must be passionate about ecommerce and ensuring our customers are successful.
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
- Trust & Integrity: You must be able to establish and maintain trust with your client contacts and internal colleagues. You deliver against your commitments.
- Attention to Detail: You do not let important details, events or deliverables slip through the cracks.
- Efficiency: You are able to work smart and enable others to work smarter.
- Persistence: You have the tenacity to go above and beyond to get the job done.
- Composure: You have the ability to stay calm and maintain performance when under pressure or stress.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment