Recognized by Gartner as a "Vendor to Watch, CAKE (a division of Constellation Software Inc.), is a high-growth organization that delivers powerful SaaS-based solutions for advertisers looking to take full advantage of digital marketing opportunities. We leverage bleeding-edge technologies on a global infrastructure to empower our clients with the ability to track and analyze the massive amounts of data generated from multiple channels including search, social, mobile, affiliate, video, and more.
The goal of CAKE is to solidify and grow our client base through the cooperative efforts of employees at all levels. To help us achieve this goal, we promote continuing professional development to serve the needs of our employees and the growth we are building together. By working together, increasing efficiencies, and focusing on quality and profitability, we will prosper in any economic environment.
As a Sr. Support Engineer at CAKE, you will engage with Client Success, Technical Support teams, and Product Development teams to bring resolution to reported issues within the CAKE platform. You will work within the support ticketing system to track and report on diagnosis and resolution to platform defects.
As Senior Member of the Support Engineering team; you will be participating with other Support Engineers to assess, triage, and develop resolutions to CAKE platform issues in order to provide clients a best-of-breed experience and support, and help maintain customer loyalty to the CAKE platform. Utilizing your expertise in software development technologies, you will help more junior members understand the greater impact of their solution design, and assist them with making sound technical decisions.
- Participate as a full team member in triage and development of lasting solutions to technical and business problems within a highly distributed infrastructure.
- Willingly adopt new technologies as the needs of the organization mature and develop.
- Utilize excellent Problem-solving abilities, and get deep into code and the intended functional behavior of the CAKE platform, and engineer solutions to defects.
- Work closely with technical leads, architects, and product teams to design solutions that improve upon, and protect, the CAKE platform.
- Interface with legacy Web APIs, and modern Restful APIs to deliver data to/from the CAKE platform.
- Design and maintain reusable ETL processes to meet client needs, and improve upon existing toolsets.
- Participate in the evaluation of business-layer/data pipeline/ETL processes, using various technologies, such as: goLang, C#, Scala, Python, and/or Java, as you seek to solve problems
- Assist in both relational and NoSQL database development within an "always available system.
- Write code that is functional, elegant and on schedule.
- Stay current with emerging web technologies and programming best practices and procedures, and help instill that into the culture of CAKE's Solutions Engineering team
- Participate as a full team member in triage, and development of lasting solutions to technical and business problems.
- Work with Customer Support and Client Services to resolve issues directly within the CAKE platform
- Work with CAKE Platform Engineers to evaluate issues, adhere to CAKE's development practices, and escalate when necessary
- Participate as a full team member in all planning and estimation practices.
- Be an advocate for, and participate in, Agile Development alongside other engineers
- Hold other team members accountable for quality. (e.g. if software is deemed "code complete but does not meet the requirements, emphasize the need for more or better developer testing.)
- Clearly and promptly communicate any defects, issues, or concerns with software before, during, and after the development process.
- Mentor other engineers of all skill levels in technical areas of expertise.
- Willingly share personal experiences to continually iterate and improve upon corporate development practices.
Nice to Have:
- Strong Experience with .NET framework (C#)
- ReactJS Framework experience is a plus
- Strong DB Skills with MS SQL
- Experience with databases, including basic relational database design and writing T-SQL
- Experienced in related web technology skills (DNS, HTTP, SSL)
- Be a puzzle master. Be able to solve the problems thrown at you daily and enjoy it.
- Ability to work both independently and as a productive and helpful team member
- Skill to manage multiple priorities with limited supervision
- Accurate documentation skills
- Ability to work in a timely manner to meet important deadlines
Exciting Benefits we Offer:
- ReactJS Framework
- NoSQL Technologies (Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, etc.)
- RDS and Redshift DB technologies are nice to have
- MySQL, Postgres
- Distributed computing frameworks (Spark, Hadoop, Storm, Kinesis, Kafka, etc.)
- Experience with developing software utilizing Cloud-Computing providers (AWS desired)
- Previous experience in a SaaS environment
- Large/Global server networks/architecture
- Jira or similar project management tools
- FreshDesk, ZenDesk or similar support tools
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment