Recognized by Gartner as a "Vendor to Watch, CAKE” (a division of Constellation Software Inc.), is a high-growth organization that delivers powerful SaaS-based solutions for advertisers looking to take full advantage of digital marketing opportunities. We leverage bleeding-edge technologies on a global infrastructure to empower our clients with the ability to track and analyze the massive amounts of data generated from multiple channels including search, social, mobile, affiliate, video and more.
The goal of CAKE is to solidify and grow our client base through the cooperative efforts of employees at all levels. To help us achieve this goal, we promote continuing professional development to serve the needs of our employees and the growth we are building together. By working together, increasing efficiencies, and focusing on quality and profitability, we will prosper in any economic environment.
We are looking for a LiveOps Engineer to work out of the Contour Software Karachi resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
As a LiveOps Engineer at CAKE, you will utilize your combination of Windows & Linux experience, network knowledge, and debugging skills to monitor and respond to events occurring within all operational aspects of CAKEs platform.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in LiveOps functions
- Perform Server Administration: configuring, managing, patching (Windows/Linux)
- Execute IIS Management Be the Primary for 3rd party multiple Domain/SSL Management (single/UCC)
- Participate in In-office and after-hours On Call rotation.
- Respond promptly to system alerts and evaluate root cause.
- Maintain internal ticket for customer facing issues
- Database troubleshooting- whats constraining it and the ability to communicate that
- Stay current with emerging helping instill that into the culture of CAKEs engineering teamDocument process and procedures as needed
- Stay calm under pressure
- Implement DNS Management through 3rd party tools
- Leverage scripting skills (PowerShell, Python, etc.) to understand and execute management tools used for deployments and maintenance functions.
- Possess basic Microsoft SQL Server administration/scripting skills
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Work collaboratively in a team-oriented, results-driven environment
- Communicate with all internal teams about the health and status of services
- Hold other team members accountable for quality. (e.g. if software is deemed "code complete” but does not meet the requirements, emphasize the need for more or better developer testing.)
- Clearly and promptly communicate any defects, issues, or concerns with software before, during, and after the development process.
Experience in the following is preferred:
- Bachelors Degree preferred in Computer Science or equivalent experience is preferred, 2-3 years DevOps experience including exempt and non-exempt positions. Will consider experience in lieu of a degree.
- At least 2+ years of maintaining cloud infrastructure
- At least 3+ years of system administration
- Understanding of git and its use cases
- Ability to support more than one flavor of Linux
- Knowledge of Windows Server
- Understand how IP routing tables work
- Understand what an ELB, CDN, and VPC are
- Ability to understand maintaining a server without SSH/RDP directly to said server
- Strong familiarity with various scripting languages & frameworks (shell scripting, PowerShell, Python, Bash, etc.)
- Experienced in related web technology skills (DNS, HTTP, SSL)
- Experience with database systems and an ability to create DB queries and understand/troubleshoot stored procedures
- Moderate DB Skills in at least one of the following:
- Skill to manage multiple priorities with limited supervision
- Accurate documentation skills
- Review, assess, communicate, and recognize security issues and fix in a timely manner
- Ability to multitask
- Previous LiveOps experience in a SaaS environment
- NoSQL, RDS and Redshift DB technologies are nice to have
- Large/Global server networks/architecture
- Jira or similar project management tools
- FreshDesk or similar support tools
- Being part of a Production On-Call rotation
Rotation based (Morning, Afternoon, Evening), ideally full overlap per PT.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment