FOG - a division of Vela Software Group part of Constellation Software Inc. - formerly known as Friedman Operating Group specializes in complete ERP solutions for manufacturers and distributors of make-to-order and engineer-to-order products in the building products, capital equipment, and automotive sectors. This particular team is under the STEM (statistics, technology, engineering, and math) portfolio under FOG and is a dynamic, fast growing team, that has high profile clients.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to maintain our financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments, as well as some dedicated time to the IT team.
Staff Accountant job duties include working with the Controller to create and analyze financial reports, process accounts payable and receivable and manage invoices and tax payments. Our ideal candidates hold an Accounting degree or similar and must be familiar with Microsoft Dynamics GP (GP) accounting software.
Ultimately, the responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of our company.
- Help integration related tasks including setting up GP and trouble shooting on new acquisitions.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process within GP.
- Post invoice batches within the sales module and ensuring that the invoices are being deferred correctly in GP.
- Review of AR aging reports.
- Process customer account credits, return memos, cash receipts and apply them against invoices in GP.
- Coordinate and prepare customer invoices and reconcile monthly invoice activity to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Coordinates and manages all relevant support relating to customer invoices including executed contracts, purchase orders and other support material.
- Assist in the regular reconciliation of AR related accounts (e.g., AR, deferred revenue).
- Assist with state sales tax compliance and other tax requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of internal monthly financial statements related to monthly, quarterly and annual reporting within deadlines and with high attention to accuracy, including:
- Bank and account reconciliation preparation and adjustments, analytical review and variance analysis
- Reconcile the AP and AR Subledgers to the General Ledger
- Preparation of journal entries for month end close
- Process accounts payable by analyzing different invoices and making sure they are coded correctly and posting them into GP.
- Identify intercompany differences and send to local accounting team findings
- Prepare intercompany journals (management fees, recharges etc.)
- Prepare foreign exchange journals and send to local accounting team to review
- Generating smartview reports from GP to use in various reports.
- Assistance with preparation of balance sheet reconciliations monthly and related reports
- Assistance with preparation of revenue analysis reports monthly
- Assistance with preparation of trial balance variance analysis and commentary monthly
- Assist with quarterly disclosure reporting and templates
- Generates and maintains complete records of all financial transactions in accordance to IFRS and in time to meet internal and external timelines
- Implement process improvements to accounting processes and procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Undertake ad hoc transactions helping the IT team, including but not limited to:
- Process Free Trial requests and My Tecplot portal requests
- Possibly research denied party hits and provide summary for Export Compliance team
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Proven bookkeeping/accounting experience.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Excel.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment