The Perseus Group is looking for a qualified Assistant Accountant. This is an important supportive role, which will manage daily accounting and reporting tasks. The successful candidate will be able to accurately maintain and perform accounts receivable, accounts payable, journal entry posting. Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills is important and the ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality. Professional Acumen
The Assistant Accountant's responsibilities include managing A/R collections and billing functions, assisting with accounts payable, month end close processes, and other ad-hoc research and reporting tasks. The Assistant Accountant will assist the senior members of the team as needed and respond to information requests by management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The candidate should have strong analytical skills and be able to work with large data sets.
- The candidate should have strong organizational and communication skills allowing him or her to manage multiple priorities while maintaining exceptional attention to detail.
- Be proactive and eager to contribute and learn and provide solutions. Maintaining a continuous improvement mindset and proactively identify, review, and implement process improvements.
The following are the essential duties and responsibilities and other duties may be assigned.
- Manage and support A/R collections.
- Prepare invoices and post cash receipts
- Support accounts payable functions
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Responding to information requests.
- Assisting senior team members as needed.
- Analyze information by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Verify account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from account managers, account representatives, vendors, and customers.
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone & e-mail.
- Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree in accounting, business economics, or finance required. 2+ years of accounting experience. Familiarity with accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures. Working knowledge of GAAP & IFRS is a plus. Strong numeracy and analytical skills. Good problem-solving and time management skills. Highly organized and detail oriented.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business processes and technical procedures. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, vendors, colleagues, and the general public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains Database software; Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Outlook Internet software; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Office Word Processing software.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment