Full Time/Permanent ( First Shift (Day) )
Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad
Software & Web Development
3 Years - 5 Years
Mar 11, 2021
Dec 11, 2020
Pacsoft is a New Zealand-based company with 20 years' experience providing software for marinas, boatyards and shipyards. Marine businesses in more than 20 countries use its one-stop-shop marina management software to run all aspects of their business. The PacsoftNG platform is designed to save businesses time and money by automating and integrating daily tasks and helping marinas, boatyards and shipyards to serve customers while maintaining tight control over business processes
The Position and the Purpose:
We are seeking a Support Developer to enhance and maintain the existing application.
The role will be required to serve following purposes:
The hired person shall work out of the Contour Software Karachi/Lahore/Islamabad resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department and will lead the local sub-team.
- To ensure timely and professional delivery of all application development related projects, tasks, and support in line with client specifications and Pacsoft standards.
- To analyze client support and development requirement so to provide concise solutions to our customers.
- To provide excellent customer application support to Pacsoft clients This involves researching and resolving client questions, concerns and change requests related to application support, taking ownership of each client's issues, providing effective, timely and courteous problem or change request resolution, while maintaining a high level of professionalism based on Pacific Softworks standard best practices.
- To play a key part working as a software developer to support and grow the product.
- Developdesign information systems by understanding business operations, designing, developing, installing, and supporting software solutions.
- Be a key team member working with the vision of the company to provide world leading software providers.
- Develop efficient, usable, well-constructed and well documented software solutions within time schedules and budgets, and according to Pacsoft standards, by studying information needs; conferring with users; data usage, investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Make sure customer support flows smoothly and turnaround time per issue is kept to a minimum.
- Identify urgent and priority support and escalate appropriately if required.
- Provide prompt and professional response of user bug or support.
- Review, maintain and refactor legacy code.
- Design and develop unit testing framework to facilitate unit testing.
- Unit test delivered systems/routines/programs to ensure the accuracy, efficiency, and robustness of the developed code.
- Document and time log all work.
- Analyze & translate business requirements into technical specifications and tasks.
- Conduct system analysis and development to keep the application current with changing technologies.
- Develop software solutions following specification documentations and industry standards to provide an intuitive solution suitable to our users.
- Writing quotes, accurate specification estimation or operation documents.
- Demonstrate software development understanding by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear well documented code.
- Maintain your skill level by studying current development tools, programming techniques, reading professional publications, and maintaining professional networks.
- Protects company operations by keeping information confidential.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein in support of the company.
- Purposes, implements, and supports new technology solutions that improve business operation.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Make recommendations to and assist with the internal continuous process improvement program.
Required Skills and Experience
- Completed a Bachelor of Information Technology or similar.
- Have at least 3 years commercial experience maintaining solutions using VB.net and C#.
- Previous experience of MS Access is required.
- Excellent analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- High attention to detail, capable to extract all design & development points from a business requirement.
- Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff.
- Possess excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal and written communication.
- System analytics.
- Technology and software development life cycle.
- Detailed understanding of the Pacsoft Solution, code structure, operations, and settings.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Encourage a positive "Can Do attitude.
- Ability to "think outside the box ".
- Capable of taking ownerships of tasks at hand and delivering solutions without management.
- Skilled knowledge of computer languages, data structures, logic and flow-charting, computer program design methods and techniques, databases and writing program documentation.
- Database design and coding.
- Ability to learn new programming languages.
- Good understanding of Accounting functions and methodologies.
Work shift: 7am PKT- 4pm PKT
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment