Corporate IT (CIT), a department of Perseus operating group, manages large IT projects, security, governance, quality, vendor and contract management, user support and global processes for all Perseus companies. Perseus, an operating group of Constellation Software Inc., acquires, manages, and builds software businesses which provide specialized, mission-critical software solutions. Perseus companies seek to become leaders in their markets by improving their operations, growing through organic initiatives, and seeking acquisitions that can strengthen their market position.
The Service Desk Support Engineer is responsible for providing outstanding customer service to our end users. Whether its Tier 1, Tier 2 or Tier 3 support, we make it our mission to ensure we consistently deliver above and beyond support for applications provided to geographically dispersed operating units. You love helping people, are a software whiz and enjoy diagnosing and fixing problems. Be a part of an amazing team that keeps critical systems running 24/7 in support of our organizations directives.
Job Dutes & Responsibilities
- Dealing with incidents and problems in a professional, courteous manner over instant messaging (MS Teams), telephone and via email.
- Taking ownership of incidents and problems and managing them in a logical and methodical manner.
- Correctly logging incidents and problems, categorising and prioritising them in line with team procedures.
- Conducting full and through diagnostics with end users to enable first point of contact incident and problem resolution.
- Ensuring all incidents are progressed & cleared within the OLA & SLA escalating to other internal and external teams as appropriate.
- Managing incidents through their entire lifecycle from the first point of contact through to resolution, proactively keeping the customer informed of progress.
- Maintain and develop own knowledge and skills to assist with first time incident resolution.
- Identify and escalate repeat issues or service risks into service management teams.
- Sharing knowledge with team colleagues.
- Manage a number of scheduled tasks for customers, designed to ensure that the customers systems remain operational.
- Desktop Support / Tier 1,2 ,3 Services Support.
- Assist in the development and adherence to procedures and policies.
- Flexibility to work shifts equivalent to North American working hours (Pacific UTC -7/-8 or Eastern UTC-4/-5) including rotating weekend coverage.
- Ability to follow defined SOP standards for incident resolution and ticket requests.
- Requires an individual that is customer oriented and familiar with using desktop software applications such as web browsing and client software, and IT Service Management software such as InforCRM, ServiceNow, or Remedy.
- Detail oriented in order to capture customer inquiries appropriately.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and command of the English language.
- Experience in Microsoft Servers 2008 to 2019.
- Active Directory experience.
- Proficient with Windows 10 OS.
- Experience with Office365 / Exchange Online / Azure Administration.
- Experience with Microsoft Teams or Skype for Business.
- Experience with VMWare, Hyper-V or other Virtual Server/Workstation Technologies.
- Experience with SaaS solutions such as Salesforce and WebEx.
- Experience with SharePoint.
- Experience with MS Office365 applications.
- Experience with VPN and remote connectivity.
- Basic networking knowledge.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment