Dealer Information Systems Corporation, a division of Constellation Software Inc. the leading supplier of Business Systems for the heavy equipment dealership market, is building and expanding a team whose focus is on new development working with the latest technologies.
Its primary focus is on developing easy to use applications that are self-learnable. They use the following set of technologies: Java, SpringBoot, Grails, Groovy, Hibernate, VueJS, and Objective C. For data storage and retrieval, they primarily use PostgreSQL server.
Client Corp is part of Constellation Software Inc. (CSI) group of companies – publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol CSU.
Mobile Service Logistics enables technicians to view their daily jobs, update jobs, view real-time inventory and service history as it relates to the equipment that they are currently working on. The back office can dispatch live work orders to technicians tablets throughout the day and get notified when their work is complete.
We are looking for Xamarin Architect who will work as part of a team and will be responsible for the architecture, development and maintenance work of mobile application. This will include architecting and developing new features using framework & standards, spending time on creating new objects and unit test them. The candidates will work with the development lead to resolve customer relates issues and should be comfortable using agile principles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new features and maintain existing components in its mobile product based on specifications provided by Product Management.
- Define robust, optimal, scalable and performant architectures.
- Identify the issues with existing architecture and communicate to the senior members of the team.
- Create and integrate unit tests for regression testing to support moving the product towards full regression automation.
- Develop and implement cross-platform mobile application solutions for Android and iOS mobile devices.
- Make suggestions on how to improve existing codebase.
- Perform code reviews on other team members code (code reviews are performed on all commits).
- Maintain effective communication with other developers on project limitation, capability, performance requirement and hardware interface changes.
- Participate in agile planning meetings and stand-up meetings as necessary.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by management.
The selected individuals will work out of the Contour Software Lahore resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8+ years of experience of architecting and developing cross-platform mobile applications for Android and iOS especially using Xamarin.
- Strong understanding of Xamarin supported design patterns like MVC, MVVM etc.
- Exposure of native application development on different platforms including iOS, Android, Windows etc.
- Deep understanding of various design and architectural patterns.
- knowledge of Objective C is nice to have.
- Prior experience of working in architect capacity.
- 5+ years of experience with JSON
- 2+ years of experience with git.
- Strong knowledge of REST API.
- Excellent object-oriented concepts.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies (including Scrum and Kanban)
- Have the ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Excellent analytical skills.
- High level of initiative with ability to self-manage.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with offline support for mobile applications and syncing data.
- Some JAVA experiences.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment