Harris School Solutions designs, develops, and builds software and hardware that not only meet the specific challenges faced by the unique school or district, but exceed those challenges so their students can reach their full potential.
We work with schools to figure out what they, their team, and their schools need. Then we help them to configure our powerful, easy-to-use solutions so that they work in the specific way that makes the most sense for them.
Finally, we stay by their side for as long as they use our products, providing hands-on training and the most proactive support of any company in the Education Software/Hardware industry.
We are looking for a passionate Software Installation and Upgrade Engineer. The successful candidate will perform upgrades and new installations of our software in both hosted and client data centers. Installation and upgrade engineer responsibilities include coordinating, scheduling and performing upgrades and new installations of software applications, including operating systems for our clients. In addition, he/ she will also perform system validation to ensure new configurations are operating within standard guidelines. He/ She will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
The successful hire will be located and work out of the Contour Islamabad/Software Lahore office, working as part of the resource-center team, as an extension of the division-based professional services department.
- This includes software installation at new customers as well as upgrades of existing customer deployments.
- You must have a solid understanding of industry best practices and hands-on experience managing the remote deployment of desktop applications over a widely distributed client base.
- You will also manage the installation and deployment of Harris School FINs legacy products
- The role requires managing a large and varied infrastructure as it grows.
- The position includes building out the appropriate tools and processes to make your own job easier and planning for future platform growth.
- Deployment coordination and planning.
- Installation of software to new clients.
- Performing upgrades on existing clients.
- Liaison with new/existing clients on the above tasks.
- Manage the deployment of production, staging and test environments.
- Improve automated deployment processes.
- 4+ years Windows Server management experience (SQL Server essential).
- Experience with virtualized and cloud environments (Hyper V or VMWare experience a plus).
- High level of accuracy and fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to negotiate / work with other teams across all levels.
- A familiarity with IT/network administration
- A familiarity with software development methodologies, tools, languages and approaches.
Exciting Benefits we offer
- Diligent, responsible and conscious of the security and privacy implications when connected to client sites.
- Strong customer service ethos.
- Results orientated with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to build relationships and work effectively with others at all levels across the business.
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things higher.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment