Coffee Shop Manager, a part of the Granbury division of Constellation Software Inc.,
has been serving the needs of the specialty coffee industry and selected quick serve environments since its launch in Washington in 2001, and now has customers in all 50 states. Coffee Shop Manager covers POS, Table Management, Loyalty, Payment and Enterprise functionality, all in a robust manner. The Position:
As a Senior Software Developer
, you will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing the product. You should have a strong focus on test-driven development, quality coding practices, and never take shortcuts on security. You bring creativity and perseverance to your approach, and you take pride in delivering a great user experience and outstanding reliability. You demonstrate problem solving skills as you drive for solid results that hold up to the real-world challenges of our restaurant clients. Responsibilities:
- You'll be the developer responsible for our Coffee Shop Manager point-of-sale product and may also be asked to work on other Windows-based solutions, including our ASP.NET web ordering and enterprise reporting systems.
- Working off detailed requirements, or sometimes slightly vague specifications, you write code to enhance our current solutions, eliminate technical debt, integrate with outside solutions, or fix defects.
- Unit tests are an essential component of all your code, as is excellent adherence to style guidelines and documentation.
- You welcome the input from QA and work closely with our test automation engineers to make sure your code remains unbreakable.
- You participate in daily stand ups, bi-weekly sprint planning and you keep tools like Jira up-to-date.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of strong expertise in VB.NET application development on a Microsoft SQL platform.
- 3-5 years of strong expertise in ASP.NET web applications.
- Strong understanding of the secure coding practices required when working on a payment processing platform.
- Demonstrated ability to continue to learn technical skills in a self-directed manner as needed.
- Prior experience in point-of-sale, retail, payment processing or other transactional systems a plus.
- Self-directed and motivated, willing to stand up for quality
- Excellent teamwork skills, agile work methodology.
- This product is a payment processing platform so you should be very strong in secure coding practices.
- This position is the only engineer on the team who is working on the Coffee Shop product.
- You'll need a strong ability to read and understand existing code and be good at self-directed learning.
- You'll be working independently, without the benefits of peers who understand this code.
Contour Software is committed to provide exciting learning opportunities, quality of work, and work-life balance to its employees.
Our benefits package includes:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees only]
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Professional Development Budget
- Leaves Encashment
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment