Client Corporation, the leading supplier of Business Systems for the heavy equipment dealership market, is building and expanding a team whose focus is on new development working with the latest technologies.
Its primary focus is on developing easy to use applications that are self-learnable. They use the following set of technologies: Java, SpringBoot, Grails, Groovy, Hibernate, AngularJS, and Objective C. For data storage and retrieval, they primarily use PostgreSQL server.
Client is part of Constellation Software Inc. (CSI) group of companies publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol 'CSU'.
The division is looking for 2 Senior/Intermediate Software Developers to work as part of its team to be responsible for the maintenance and support of the product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The selected individuals will work out of the Contour Software Lahore resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
- Partner with other team members to understand, identify and fix product bugs.
- Provide high level technical support to other team members and customers.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve issues efficiently and effectively.
- Make suggestions, refactor and improve the maintainability of the codebase.
- Solve complex scalability, platform and integration problems
- Perform code reviews on other team members' code.
- Maintain effective communication with the software engineers on project limitation, capability, performance requirement and hardware interface changes.
- Participate in agile planning meetings and stand-up meetings as necessary.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by management.
Required Education and Experience:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of experience developing and maintaining web applications
- 2+ years of experience with Java
- 2+ years of experience with relational databases
- 2+ years of experience with testing a web applications and enterprise software through manual and automated techniques
- 2+ years of experience with JSON, XML, XSD, and XSL
- 2+ years of experience with developing and maintaining REST based APIs
- 2+ years of experience with git
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies (including Scrum and Kanban)
- Have the ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- High level of initiative with ability to self-manage
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with one or more of the following frameworks:
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with Angular
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment