Kinetic Solutions is a part of the Volaris operating group of Constellation Software Inc. It is a leading provider of comprehensive (ERP) software solutions for student accommodation, conference and event management to Higher Education institutions, venues and conference centres.
Headquartered in Milton Keynes, UK, with additional offices in Boston, U.S. and Auckland, New Zealand. More than 260 customers in the UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, Sweden and Australia use different combinations of the Kinetic student accommodation, conferencing and hospitality products. There are currently around 50 employees based in Milton Keynes.
We are looking for a Senior Software Full Stack Developer to join an existing agile delivery team. The team is currently engaged in developing and maintaining an ASP.Net MVC website (built around Umbraco), with a SQL Server back-end. We are evolving this into a continuously deliverable, cloud-hosted and microservice solution that meet the demands of our client's business.
The hired candidates will be located and work out of the Contour Software Karachi office, working as part of the resource-centre, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university or a certificate from a technical training institute.
- 4+ years of software including web development experience.
- Strong previous experience of developing C# .Net and ASP.Net MVC based web applications.
- Strong previous experience of working with Microsoft SQL Server, with strong query writing skills.
- Strong previous experience of writing clean code and refactoring.
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented programming, design patterns and principles including SOLID
- Strong previous experience of writing Unit Tests and working with Test Driven Development.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality, scalable software with a cohesive user experience.
- Experience of public-facing, high-availability web development
- Experience of Service-oriented architectures, RESTful APIs
- Experience of Modern UI technologies, e.g. SPA frameworks, CSS3, HTML5 etc.
- Experience of non-MS technology, e.g. NodeJS, Linux
- Experience of Non-relational data stores
- Experience of Cloud enabled solutions (AWS/Azure/Docker)
- Experience of Message Queue technologies
- An appreciation of lean principles and their relevance to modern software delivery
- Experience of Agile development practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Determined and well-motivated
- Approachable and personable
- Dedicated team player
- Proactive problem solver
Contour Software is committed to provide exciting learning opportunities, quality of work, and work-life balance to its employees.
Our benefits package includes:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees only]
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Professional Development Budget
- Leaves Encashment
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment