Datamine, a division of Constellation Software Inc., is a world leading provider of the technology and services required to seamlessly plan and manage mining operations. With operations in thirteen countries, Datamine provides solutions ranging from exploration data management and orebody modelling to mine planning and operations to over 1,400 companies worldwide. The Position:
The division is looking for two Intermediate Software Developers - .NET with prior experience of working on WinForms & WPF who will work out of the Contour Software Karachi or Lahore office, as an extension of the R&D team located in Australia. Under the supervision of Team Lead and the product teams, these developers will work to develop mining/exploration-based plugins for ESRI GIS product and integrate our existing GIS product to ArcGIS.
Required Experience & Skills:
Nice to Have:
- University degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 3+ years of strong experience of C# .NET programming
- Strong knowledge of GIS systems.
- Experience with ESRI API.
- Experience with C/C++ programming.
- Experience calling third party APIs (including calling C++ code via CLI).
- Strong Database experience.
- Experience of learning and refactoring existing code e.g. to potentially help pulling useful parts out or improving existing code
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Some of the exciting benefits of working for Contour, include:
- Knowledge of Mining or Petroleum domain knowledge.
- Knowledge of user interfaces and utility libraries etc.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment