IDS (a Constellation Software company) is hiring a Senior Software Developer. We are looking for a talented, detail-oriented and enthusiastic software developer who is passionate about tools and enjoys working with multiple projects and a wide range of technologies.
Working in conjunction with product managers, operations, quality assurance, you will leverage a breadth of technologies including object-oriented design and coding, databases, mobile devices, tablets & windows desktops. We are looking for developer who will challenge himself and others to constantly come up with innovative solutions, who not only know how to solve the problem, but also help define the problems and direction and create value while pioneering new frontiers. This is an exciting, dynamic, and challenging position and we are looking for people with initiative, drive and relevant experience in the industry. This role will require you to work directly with product, design and operations teams to define and implement solutions. The hired employee will be located and work out of the Contour Software Karachi office, working as part of the resource-center, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
Basic Qualifications & Skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- 5+ years experience building Enterprise applications.
- Experience working closely with development, design and business teams to understand business requirements, assess risk, and communicate problem impact.
- Strong object-oriented design and "clean code programming experience in C#.
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between with a focus on .NET (WinForms, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, .NET Core ...) and Database technologies (SQL/NoSQL).
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for large-scale distributed software systems.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team.
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers.
- Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies.
- Expertise in test automation (TestComplete, Selenium, SpecFlow, Cucumber, Gherkin ...), unit testing (NUnit, MsTest, Rhino Mocks , TypeMock, ...)
- Experience refactoring legacy code using code analysis, profiling and refactoring tools such as Reshaper, FxCop, SonarLint.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment