Constellation HomeBuilder Systems is the largest provider of tailored homebuilding software and website solutions in North America. NEWSTAR Enterprise, our flagship ERP solution, integrates valuable business information across the entire organization, through accounting, scheduling, sales and service, empowering builders with information, driving their business from website to warranty. The powerful budgeting, accounting, purchasing, scheduling, sales, and warranty modules are trusted by hundreds of homebuilders, condo developers and land developers across North America, including web-based functionality linking builders with their trades, suppliers, and customers.
We are seeking to hire a Senior Software Quality Assurance professional, with in-depth hands-on experience and expertise in Manual Testing. The individual will work as part of NewStar ERP’s Design Studio Manager(DSM) team and will be responsible for the overall quality of the product.
Candidate must display excellent written and oral skills with demonstrated interpersonal and organization abilities and must be able to work in a varied, fast-paced environment.
The successful hire will be located and work out of the Contour Software Karachi office, working as part of the resource-center team, as an extension of the onshore R&D team, located in Markham, Canada.
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- 7+ Years of professional testing experience with customer-facing enterprise applications/ERPs.
- Hand-on knowledge/experience of XML, .Net, APIs, and web technologies.
- Hands-on experience with writing and executing SQL queries.
- Ability to comprehend complex system architectures and create appropriate testing solutions.
- Experience in planning, designing and implementing testing strategies/plans & testing methodologies.
- Must possess strong communication, collaboration, and team management skills with a proven ability to integrate out of the box thinking and problem-solving to improve processes, systems, and methodologies, documentation etc.
- Maintain up to date documentation of various version of the product.
- Must be able to work with varied daily tasks in a fast-paced deadline oriented Agile environment.
- Liaise with product development team members regarding requirements and product issues.
- Self-motivated, quick learning, and responsive team player
- Work with remote and local R&D teams, to perform mostly manual testing to ensure efficient high-quality releases.
- Create comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases based on functional specifications and subject matter expert business knowledge.
- Perform extensive black box testing (Functional/Regression/GUI, Integration and System level testing etc.,) on different product versions and be able to maintain proper documentation.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities.
- Maintain and enhance existing test plans/scripts/cases.
- Take ownership of the quality of the product being shipped. Provide confidence to the management to roll out releases into production or customers.
- Coordinate/participate in meetings with the on-shore team on a day to day basis and provide active feedback.
- Perform any other responsibilities assigned by the Managers.
Contour Software is committed to provide exciting learning opportunities, quality of work, and work-life balance to its employees.
Our benefits package includes:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees only]
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Life Benefit
- Professional Development Budget
- Leaves Encashment
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment