Harris School Solutions, a business unit of Harris Computer Systems, provides Education Solutions (HES), Financial Management Systems and Food Service solutions exclusively to K-12 public and charter schools in North America.
Harris Computer Systems is a member of the Constellation Software Inc. group of companies. Constellation Software is a rapidly growing conglomerate of vertical market software (VMS) companies; each focused upon dominating its respective market niche. Constellation's growth is based on a simple strategy: identify promising VMS firms; acquire them; and then integrate them into the Constellation family while building on their fundamental strengths to help them become world class organizations.
The Harris Education Solution division is looking for a developer to assist us in creating the next version of our ProSoft Student Information Systems software.
The chosen individual will work out of the Contour Software Lahore/Islamabad resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department
- University/College education or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related discipline.
- Minimum 5+ years in PHP.
- Minimum 1+ years in Web Services (REST).
- Minimum 2+ years of experience building multi-tier, distributed web applications, with an emphasis on Responsive Design.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience with data modeling, proven experience with MS SQL Server 2017 including T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers.
- Thorough understanding of theoretical concepts such as Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Design Patterns and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, and ability to pick up and adapt to new concepts quickly.
- Strong ability to follow prescribed development standards and to work as a team player.
- Strong understanding of the complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- MCSD certification
- Experience with multiple different databases.
- Development experience in SQL Server Reporting Services.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Developing, maintaining, testing and implementing applications and enhancements.
- Release development methodology and change controls.
- Working with other technically skilled staff on a multi-disciplinary team.
- Preparing, planning and documenting application release migrations.
- Production support, problem diagnosis, problem resolution.
- Ability to work independently, are flexible, self motivated and a team player.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment