Innovative software solutions from IDS empower Dealerships with information to effectively manage and grow their business. Our software helps our Dealerships clients to position themselves for growth, financing, acquisition, or IPO. Our customers are among the largest RV and Marine dealerships with Constellation as their trusted technology partner.
IDS commitment to dealership software is second to none, with an exceptional engineering group dedicated to innovative software development and support, and constant enhancements to our solutions. Backed by Constellation Software, we are committed to RV and Marine dealerships and the technology that powers them.
The Senior Database Developer/Architect will collaborate with development teams to design, develop, implement, and operate database infrastructure in order to provide reliable and scalable database platforms.
You will be responsible for driving the direction and design of databases performance, monitoring, handling service requests, zero-down-time upgrades and developing tooling to determine when to scale.
In this role, you will:
- Lead as the data architect and administrator to define the overall architecture approach and process, hands-on experience designing, creating and implementing data solutions.
- Provide technical guidance in database engineering techniques and automated support tools.
- Lead our migration from a legacy database to Postgres
- Develop a disaster recovery strategy
- Coach the Ops team on Database tuning and administration best practices.
The hired employee will be located and work out of the Contour Software Karachi office, working as part of the resource-center, as an extension of the division-based R&D department. Education & Qualifications:
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7 or more years of Relational Database implementation, operations and/or solution deployment experience in a business-critical, high-availability context. - primarily on Postgres (Oracle/My SWL/SQL server are viable alternatives)
- Expert in Database Administration including backup and recovery,
- Expert in performance optimization (Schema Design, Query tuning and Optimization, and Data Migration and Integration)
- Experience scaling databases up/out
- Experience in complete ETL cycle including data analysis, database design, data mapping and conversion and data load as well as implementing Test-driven development (TDD)
- Reporting and Analytics presentation layer expertise including Dashboards, Reporting, and OLAP.
- Experience with database security design
- Experience with Database automation
- Technical degrees in computer science, software engineering, or mathematics;
- Working knowledge of the underlying infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization.
- Strong Linux/UNIX management skills
- knowledge of modern software development practices such as agile methodologies and DevOps.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment