SpecTec, a division of Constellation Software Inc., is recognized as a leading international provider of marine software and remote asset management solutions for the shipping, off-shore oil and gas, and naval defense industries. SpecTec is a truly global company comprising 13 fully-owned offices in 11 countries worldwide serving hundreds of customers ranging from individual ship owners to large multinational oil corporations.
We are seeking to hire a strong Sr. SQA Analyst with significant experience and expertise in Manual and Automation Testing to work closely with SpecTec R&D team and product managers to help ensure high quality and timely delivery of releases. The individual must have in-depth knowledge and skills in Manual and Automation Testing, Testing processes and Testing Requirements. We are looking to this person to be a key player in building and maintaining Test Automation Framework in the near future, as the product transitions to maturity and become stable enough to be eligible for fully scalable automated smoke, functional and regression cycles/runs.
- The hired candidate will be located and work out of the Contour Software Karachi office, working as part of the resource-center team, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
Job Qualifications & Skills:
- University degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience in testing & automating web-based customer-facing enterprise applications/ERPs.
- Strong experience with Manual and Automation testing, processes, execution and documentation.
- Strong experience in building and maintaining a test automation framework with Selenium utilizing Java/JUnit/TestNG or C#/NUnit.
- Programming experience, preferably Object-Oriented programming.
- Well-versed in web technologies such as HTML, CSS, Java Scripting, APIs etc.
- Strong knowledge and ability to write/execute SQL Queries.
- Knowledge and skills in building and maintaining CI/CD environment is a plus.
- Strong ability to understand business process and logic.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, agile environment.
- Ability to work independently, flexible, self-motivated and a team player.
- Ability to interact positively and effectively in a distributed team environment.
- Work closely with product, design and engineering team to bring automation vision to reality.
- Participate in product reviews to provide input on functional requirements, design, schedule, or potential risks.
- Review and understand Product and Business requirements.
- Design and develop test plans/cases for manual and automated tests for multiple releases/executions.
- Plan, design and execute Manual Tests as per the agreed upon plans/standards (Smoke, Sanity, Functional, UI, Regression, Database, Integration, System level testing).
- Build, maintain and enhance the Test Automation Framework.
- Design, develop & maintain Test Scripts for execution in multiple environments.
- Configure and maintain test environments for multiple executions.
- Review test suite execution log files for errors, determine the source of errors, document them in a defect tracking system or fix any issues seen in the automated scripts.
- Enhance framework and scripts to improve daily runs, continuous integration process, and regression run results quality.
- Responsible for source code control and software release activities for automation framework.
- Contribute to product and process improvements, and refinement of QA best practices.
Contour Software is committed to provide exciting learning opportunities, quality of work, and work-life balance to its employees.
Our benefits package includes:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Professional Development Budget
- Leaves Encashment
- Recreational area for in-house games
- ChildCare Space
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment