AssetWorks is a leading supplier of fleet Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) software and implementation services and Automated Fueling Systems in North America, with more than 500 software customers, including private fleet operators as well as City, County, State and Federal organizations that manage large fleets. Asset Works solutions enable fleet organizations of all sizes to improve maintenance practices, streamline operations, and improve accountability for mission-critical transportation assets.
AssetWorks is part of the Constellation Software Inc. (CSI) group of companies - publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol ‘CSU’.
The hired candidate will work as part of a team to be responsible for the testing and verification of a complex IWMS application and supporting products. The candidate will develop and execute software test plans, automated test scripts, and verification procedures based on software and system specifications and work with the Customer Support staff to research and resolve customer related issues; be able to work in a team using agile principles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create test plans and automated scripts to verify new functionality added to the IWMS application based on specifications provided by Product Management.
- Execute test plans and create test reports to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction.
- Define test methods and create test plans for new or updated software projects to determine if the software will perform accurately and reliably according to documented requirements as well as established standards under both normal and abnormal conditions.
- Maintain effective communication with the project software engineers on project limitation, capability, performance requirement and hardware interface changes.
- Participate in agile planning meetings and daily stand ups.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by management.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4+ years of experience with testing a web application through manual and automated techniques.
- 4+ years of experience with a commercial relational database (Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server).
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with Java, Selenium and TestNG testing tools.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies (including Scrum and Kanban).
- Have the ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- High level of initiative with ability to self-manage.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 4+ years software quality assurance experience on an IWMS application preferred.
- Expertise in Java, Selenium and TestNG testing tools strongly preferred.
Some of the exciting benefits of working for Contour, include:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment