Harris School Solutions, a business unit of Harris Computer Systems, provides Education Solutions (HES), Financial Management Systems and Food Service solutions exclusively to K-12 public and charter schools in North America.
Harris Computer Systems is a member of the Constellation Software Inc. group of companies. Constellation Software is a rapidly growing conglomerate of vertical market software (VMS) companies; each focused upon dominating its respective market niche. Constellations growth is based on a simple strategy: identify promising VMS firms; acquire them; and then integrate them into the Constellation family while building on their fundamental strengths to help them become world class organizations.
The Architect will help set the future direction of our Educational Performance Software tool. The ideal candidate will help determine and implement a roadmap to improve and modernize the existing product. This developer will be responsible to ensure all team members are following set product directions and proper coding techniques. Must be able to work with a distributed team across multiple time zones. This is a Senior Level position that will work directly with management and product owners to ensure that the product is performing well and meeting customer and business needs.
The chosen individual will work out of the Contour Software Lahore/Islamabad resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
Main responsibilities include but not limited to:
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Creating a plan to update the overall architecture of the existing product
- Developing, maintaining, testing and implementing applications and enhancements using .NET C#.
- Release development methodology and change controls.
- Working with other technically skilled staff on a multi-disciplinary team.
- Preparing, planning and documenting application release migrations.
- Production support, problem diagnosis, problem resolution.
- Ability to work independently, are flexible, self motivated and a team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- University/College education or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related discipline
- Minimum 7+ years of development experience in .NET technologies using C#
- Minimum 3+ years in Web Services (REST)
- Minimum 7+ years of experience building multi-tier, distributed web or mobile applications, with an emphasis on Responsive Design
- Minimum 7+ years of experience with data modeling, proven experience with MS SQL Server including T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers
- Minimum 2+ years of development experience with the .NET MVC framework and Entity Framework
- Thorough understanding of theoretical concepts such as Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Design Patterns and Service Oriented Architecture
- Strong problem solving abilities, and ability to pick up and adapt to new concepts quickly
- Strong ability to follow prescribed development standards and to work as a team player
- Strong understanding of the complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- MCSD certification
- Web Services
- Telerik Controls
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment