Argos Software, a division of Constellation Software Inc., has focused on developing specialized business software for the agri-business, supply chain and logistics industries. Headquartered in Fresno, California, Argos Software has a highly motivated team of programmers and support specialists, with a sense of ownership, centred around a culture that fosters learning and creating value for Argos and our customers.
We are looking for a skilled Software Developer who will be responsible for developing and/or designing a web application for the company. The individual will be working alongside a team of other developers in creating, maintaining, and updating the desktop and web-based applications,
Required Experience & Skills
- The hired candidate will also be involved in the development of the software in all vertical segments transportation, warehousing and wholesale nursery industries.
- The hired candidate will be located and work out of the Contour Software Lahore office, working as part of the resource-center team, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
Nice to have
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university or a certificate from a technical training institute. Web development is highly recommended.
- Solid knowledge and experience in developing desktop and web-based applications.
- 4+ years of software development experience using C# .Net
- Strong experience and development capabilities with Windows Forms desktop applications
- Strong experience of working with ASP.Net Web Forms and ASP.Net MVC Core 2
- Strong experience and skills with HTML & CSS.
- Strong experience of working with MS SQL Server
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid ability in both written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of programming language and technical terminology.
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
- High degree of independent judgment.
- Able to solve complex problems.
- Knowledge of Delphi (4 and 5)
- Knowledge of ColdFusion
- Web and desktop software application designing, building, or maintaining.
- Using scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications and digital media.
- Conferring with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Determining user needs by analyzing technical requirements.
- Develop new optimal working software solution within the estimated time frame.
- Maintain the existing software, fixing issues, improving and optimizing the code base.
- Ability to evaluate the effort of the activities requested.
- Keep track of hours spent on each project.
- Manage his time in relation to the set of tasks for each period of work, in order to complete them in the defined time frame.
- Follow the companys programming best practices as far as programming and software management tools, such as bug tracking and planning tools.
- Work as team when a coordinate effort is needed in order to implement a set of features.
- Provide estimates for custom projects requested by customers.
- Responsible for working on customer requests/feature enhancements
- Provide support for the product and work with customer support team, if required.
- Document the procedures and recommendations for all phases of product tests.
- Develop unit tests where appropriate.
- Create user level documentation, as needed.
- Code review.
- Code refactoring.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Contour Software is committed to provide exciting learning opportunities, quality of work, and work-life balance to its employees. Our benefit package includes:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Professional Development Budget
- Leaves Encashment
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment