Mediqal H.I, a division of Constellation Software Inc., was formed in October 2006 by the combination of the eMEDRenal development and support team from Mediqal Ltd and Health Informatics, Intl. eMEDRenal has been in continuous clinical use since 1999. eMEDRenal is a dedicated clinical and patient management software system designed specifically for renal service providers in the UK and EU. The product is under continuous development by Mediqal H.I.s own team of healthcare and IT professionals.
To directly and positively impact revenue and customer satisfaction through evolutionary development and maintenance of eMedRenal. To include, the development of required design changes to resolve operational issues, looking at the overall defect trends to help identify areas needing re-factoring, meeting agreed Service Level Agreements. All with view to eMEDRenal improving patient outcomes. This role may also include day-to-day responsibility of other Sustaining Engineers.
The division is looking to extend its onshore R&D department by adding to their team at the offshore resource center – Contour Software. Sustaining Engineer will be responsible for:
Desired Skills and Responsibilities:
- Create raving fans of our customers (internal and external).
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code.
- Document and maintain software functionality and verification plans.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems.
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Strive to ensure that all contributions are accomplished within agreed timescales
- Participate in programming activities for challenging planned tasks and for time-critical unplanned events
- Write and update documentation
Nice to have:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience software development process and technologies
- Knowledge and experience of relational databases including Microsoft SQL Server preferred
- Ability to seek out pertinent data and to determine the source and critical dimensions of a problem: the most important issues/problems. Takes a systematic approach to analyzing problems
- Ability to choose from among alternatives and to render judgment
- Ability to effectively plan and organize ones own activities or activities of others
- Ensures that directives have been understood and carried out
- Ability to adjust approach to reach goal
- Demonstrates personal accomplishment and a desire to excel; sets and maintains ambitious standards for achievement and makes things happen.
- Ability to effectively transmit and receive facts or ideas
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with others (both internal/external to the organization)
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Experience of medical software development and or support.
- Knowledge of medical system interfaces especially HL7 based interfaces
- Experience and knowledge of deploying and maintaining software solutions in an enterprise environment
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Professional Development Budget
- Company provided Lunch/Dinner
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment