Cognera, a division of N Harris Computer Systems, provides next generation billing solutions and online services to help our clients improve their customer relationships. Our deep-rooted experience in the energy and utilities industries, in both regulated and deregulated environments, makes us a natural choice when upgrading systems to meet evolving business, regulatory and technology requirements.
We are looking for Software Developers, who will be responsible for designing, coding and modifying web applications, from layout to function and according to a client's specifications. The candidate should be keen on striving to create visually appealing apps that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Plan web application development by clarifying goals; designing functionality.
- Develop web app navigation by categorizing content; funnelling traffic through content.
- Work with the infrastructure team to install and monitor applications.
- Implement strong security protocols.
- Maintain and update site appearance by developing and enforcing theme and display standards; editing submissions.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Prepare and maintain well organized documentation.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Participation in daily stand up and other team meetings.
- Share daily status updates on work completed and in progress.
- Work within JIRA for assignments and task resolution.
- Work with requirements as well as show creativity to come up with innovative solutions if requirements are not complete.
- Translate requirements from written documents as well as from general discussions. Ability to clearly articulate the technical aspects of the development.
- Test and validate your own code, test cases etc.
The chosen individual will work out of the Contour Software Islamabad/Lahore/Karachi resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department. Desired Skills and Responsibilities:
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience of developing and consuming RESTful and SOAP web services.
- Strong understanding of security principles and their implementation.
- Claims based authentication and authorization.
- Clear and concise API design.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Agile development methodology.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- .NET, JAVA and experience with SQL are a nice to haves.
- UI/UX design experience is nice to have.
- Prior experience of Multimedia Content Development.
- Upgrade apps by updating content and graphics; monitoring performance and results; identifying and evaluating improvement options; introducing new technology; maintaining links.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment