Jonas Software is the leading provider of enterprise management software solutions to the Country & Golf Clubs, Foodservice, Construction, Fitness & Sports, Attractions, Salon & Spa, Education, Radiology/Laboratory Information Systems, and Product Licensing industries. Within these vertical markets, Jonas is made up of over 65 distinct brands over 17 major vertical markets, which are respected leaders within their own domain. Jonas is a 100% owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc., headquartered in Toronto and traded on the S&P/TSX 60.
The candidate must be resourceful, inquisitive, self-motivated, possess strong interpersonal skills and be capable of handling high work volumes with accuracy during peak periods.
The learning opportunities, in terms of international accounting rules, processes and tools, are immense. Training will be provided by the local team members. However, the ideal candidate will be one who brings drive and initiative to the learning process.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and file sales tax returns (for States, Cities and Counties, where applicable), for North American divisions – both online and paper returns.
- This includes responding to letters/requests from the various States/Cities.
- Provide AP back-ups and requesting AP Manager to process sales tax payments.
- Microsoft Great Plains exposure/experience useful.
- This task is high volume in nature, and requires an emphasis on accuracy.
- Contacting Tax departments to resolve sales tax notices, questions and discrepancies.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Post-secondary education with a focus on business /accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Great Plains an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Able to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written in English.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment