Freestyle Software, a division of Constellation Software Inc., provides enterprise-class order, inventory and customer management solutions that integrate easily with eCommerce platforms to drive efficiency, productivity, insight and growth for multichannel retailers. Freestyle Softwares proven solutions help small- to medium-sized companies grow faster by automating critical back-office functions to support an expanded eCommerce presence, including: multichannel order management; inventory visibility and control across multiple channels; drop ship management; rapid, reliable order fulfillment; customer management; and integration with Magento, BigCommerce, Shopify, eBay and others.
We are seeking to hire strong SQA Analyst with in-depth hands-on experience and expertise in manual testing, to work as an extension of the onshore R&D team, to help ensure high quality and timely delivery of projects of long-term significance.
The successful hire will be located and work out of the Contour Software Islamabad office, working as part of the resource-center team, as an extension of the onshore R&D team.
Required Qualification & Skills:
University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline.
3-5 years of professional testing experience with customer-facing enterprise applications.
Requirements for Manual QA:
Manual QA Engineer Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of software testing: Should have a proper understanding of the main concepts and processes the whole bug life cycle, different testing levels, methods, and types; test estimation techniques.
- Fast learning: Ability to quickly understand requirements and the purpose of the software, considering the recent changes.
- Ability to meet deadlines: Efficiently plan work in a way and deliver allocated tasks on time.
- User-oriented perspective: Design more real-time scenarios, should clearly understand who the end-user is, what purpose the product serves, and how it will be useful to the customer.
- Communication and collaboration skills: Should have good communication and teamwork skills, ability to interact with project team members, clients, and stakeholders.
- Curiosity: Constantly questioning the quality of the product. Often working with incomplete requirements, s/he need to ask meaningful questions that will yield more information and help perform testing effectively.
- Self-organized with no monitoring required: Should know how to prioritize and estimate task execution without any assistance.
- Communication tactics to work closely with a development team: Ability to collaborate with developers: from reproducing the reported issue and emphasizing the fix for critical bugs to understanding how the bug has been fixed.
- SQL experience is required to verify the test data, insert, update, and delete the test data values in the database. Distinguish the database types
- Connect to the database using SQL clients
- Understand the relationship between database tables, keys, and indices
- Write a simple SQL statement along with more complex join queries
- Interpret more complex queries
Manual QA Engineer tools:
- Contributing to test planning, designing, and estimation: Provide inputs on high-level test scenarios, challenges, risks, resources, etc., during test planning meetings. should also help in test designing and structure high-level test scenarios into medium-level test cases.
- Daily status reports: Inform onshore QA lead about the testing activities performed via daily status reports.
- Detailed defect reports: Skilled in how a specific AUT (application under test) works.
- Listing improvement areas: While having a fresh eye on the product, the QA is expected to have ideas on ways to improve the products usability.
- Test cases documentation: Document test cases in a specific format that differs depending on the organization.
- Requirement analysis: Understand requirements provided by the customer and relevant domain of work, to identify and/or clarify issues beforehand.
- Test effort estimation. Ability to evaluate efforts required to complete the task efficiently.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Must have a decent knowledge of Test management tools (TMTs), Defect tracking tools (DTTs), MS Excel, Project management software (with features like time tracking, wikis, task lists, Gantt charts, and more is a must-have for Agile projects – JIRA and/or similar tools), and SQL clients.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment