Halcom is a pioneer in the development of modern solutions for payment systems in Central and South-Eastern Europe. An international company that innovatively develops products and services for financial institutions through agile methodology, is present in 8 EMEA markets in more than 60 banks and two central banks and clearing houses. Halcom experts transform their knowledge of payment systems, technical knowledge and many years of experience into advanced solutions, products and services.
Additionally, the hired candidate will also serve as a leader to Contour team members participating on the development. Should be able to take initiatives and contribute in the product design and architecture. Should be responsible for ensuring that software development efforts are align with user stories, wireframes, work items, and also completed within deadlines.
The successful hire will be located and work out of the Contour Software Lahore office, working as part of the resource-center team, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
Nice To Have:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university or a certificate from a technical training institute.
- Strong 7+ years of software development experience including web development.
- Strong previous experience of developing Single Page applications.
- Strong understanding of ECMAScript specifications.
- Strong previous experience with Web Front-End development using HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS 3, SASS, Responsive UI using Bootstrap etc.
- Good experience of developing hybrid mobile applications.
- Good understanding of tools like NPM, Gulp or Grunt build automation
- A can-do, self-driven attitude, with the ability to lead the local team, and should be able to contribute in the product design and architecture.
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented programming and design patterns, preferably UI design patterns.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment, in collaboration with the local team, colleagues and supervisors in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Prior international travel history (due to possibility of onshore trip)
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Understanding of UX
- Skills with Java and Spring (IoC)
- Understanding of Microservices Architecture
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Professional Development Budget
- Company provided Lunch/Dinner
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment