The Constellation Real Estate Group acquires and invests in real estate software brands that are committed to providing long-term solutions and partnerships with franchises, brokers, agents, MLSs, and associations. Over 500,000 real estate agents, teams, and brokerages across North America rely on the Constellation Real Estate Groups products and services to power, manage, and grow their businesses.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our team in the role of a Linux Systems Engineer who will focus improving the efficiency of our infrastructure and availability of our applications. This candidate must have strong analysis and troubleshooting skills with experience managing enterprise class applications and infrastructure. Strong experience with open source technologies is required.
The successful hire will be located and work out of the Contour Software Lahore office, working as part of the resource-center team, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
- Maintain site servers and hosted web applications, ensuring uptime and site responsiveness
- Provide ongoing management & support for Market Leader infrastructure
- Collaborate with DevOps team to roll out and automate configuration & release of builds to Production
- Develop tools and scripts to assist with routine maintenance tasks
- Manage Linux and related open source systems (apache, nginx, bind, postfix, memcached, mysql, etc.)
- Assists in maintaining system & infrastructure documentation
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to drive projects through to completion.
- Minimum, 3-5 years recent working experience.
- 5+ years' experience working with various Linux distributions (Red Hat/CentOS preferred).
- 2+ years' experience with server virtualization technologies (e.g. VMWare, Hyper-V, Xen, etc.).
- Familiarity and operational knowledge of open source systems in a mixed Windows/Linux environment.
- Proficient in scripting technologies (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.).
- Knowledge of application protocols and services (TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, etc.).
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills including experience with related tools.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Experience managing Windows server environments.
- Experience working with and managing DevOps tools (e.g. Jenkins, Bitbucket/git, Bamboo, Octopus, etc.).
- Experience with various monitoring packages (e.g. Zabbix, nagios, cacti, munin, etc.).
- Experience building and maintain Elastic Search clusters desired.
- Experience working with Docker and application containerization.
- Proficiency with automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, etc.
- Operational experience with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, etc.).
- Experience with local and wide area networks, including Internet, MPLS, and IPSec links.
- Experience managing network infrastructure, including switches, routers, & firewalls.
- 2+ years' experience with industry-standard network operating systems (preferably JUNOS).
- Knowledge of network protocols & services (stp, bgp, ospf, vrrp, etc.).
- Familiarity with Cisco IOS & NX-OS.
- JNCIA, JNCIS, CCNA, CCNP desired.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment