Recognized by Gartner as a "Vendor to Watch,” CAKE is a high-growth organization that delivers powerful SaaS-based solutions for advertisers looking to take full advantage of digital marketing opportunities. We leverage bleeding-edge technologies on a global infrastructure to empower our clients with the ability to track and analyze the massive amounts of data generated from multiple channels including search, social, mobile, affiliate, video and more.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for the design, development, and management of the core business processes and data tier of the CAKE platforms technology stack. This role is an integral part of CAKEs development team and will work closely with key stakeholders, data architects, and leadership in the Technology and Product groups to ensure optimal database standards, performance, and reliability. At CAKE, we track billions of marketing events weekly. Were looking for talented engineers that grasp the intricacies of managing a big data pipeline, from event ingestion to stream processing to MPP reporting to machine learning. This team is focused on our tracking and data analysis architecture spread across 8+ AWS regions worldwide.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Help design and develop the overall data architecture and vision with optimal performance in mind.
- Leverage parallel Big Data architectures and distributed data systems (Cassandra, Spark, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Redis, Titan, MPP, etc.) to solve business problems.
- Implement multi-region real-time data replication solutions for distribution of data across 8+ AWS regions worldwide.
- Build applications capable of handling billions of events weekly.
- Envision and engineer complex ETL and data stream processes across Big Data systems and Relational SQL databases.
- Develop data pipeline for data security, privacy and regulatory compliance.
- Work closely with application developers to create and implement solutions.
- Assist with application performance and query tuning.
The chosen individual will work out of the Contour Software Islamabad/Lahore/Karachi resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department. QUALIFICATIONS:
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- At least 3 years being in a developer role within a Big Data environment.
- Expertise within at least one of the following preferred technologies:
- Or expertise in handling high event volumes using one of:
- Experience with other Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Mahout, Storm, etc.).
- Experience and in-depth understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience in machine learning a plus.
- Experience developing in complex High Availability, and Disaster Recovery environments.
- Ability to assist in identifying and implementing the correct technology and architecture for business problems.
- Experience performing high-volume data optimization, including data loading across large, distributed databases.
- Must have strong programming and debugging skills.
- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred.
- Able to supervise a growing team.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment