SpecTec, a division of Constellation Software Inc., is recognized as a leading international provider of marine software and remote asset management solutions for the shipping, off-shore oil and gas, and naval defense industries. SpecTec is a truly global company comprising 13 fully-owned offices in 11 countries worldwide serving hundreds of customers ranging from individual ship owners to large multinational oil corporations.
The hired candidate will be located and work out of the Contour Software Karachi office, working as part of the resource-center, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
Nice to Have:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university or a certificate from a technical training institute.
- 8+ years of software including web development experience.
- Strong experience and understanding of web front-end development including HTML, HTML 5, CSS/CSS3, Bootstrap, Responsive UI etc.
- Previous experience of utilizing and integrating with RESTful APIs using Web APIs.
- Experience of working with cloud environment, services and computing platforms.
- Experience of Agile development practices with the proven track record of delivering high quality, scalable software with a cohesive user experience.
- Ability to lead the team, participate in team discussions and capable of taking initiatives instead of relying on traditional business requirement/specification documents and instructions for every detail.
- Ability to meet and work in tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Experience of Single Page Application (SPA) development using framework including MVVM, Angular 2, 4 and 5, Ext JS, Backbone JS, JQuery etc.
- Understanding and experience of working with NPM, EcmaScript 5 & 6.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment