Atex, a division of Constellation Software Inc., headquartered in Sweden with offices worldwide, is a leading software company selling content management and advertising solutions for the media industry (newspapers, news websites, magazines, broadcasters). We develop smart digital solutions that make a measurable difference and enable our customers to streamline operations and optimize their digital strategy. As a global organization, we are committed to helping companies build revenues and reduce costs through products that are increasingly personalized, localized, collaborative, contextually relevant, and available on demand.
The division is looking to hire a Site Reliability Engineer who will join the Managed Services team and become one of the main contributors to the design and evolution of the cloud infrastructures hosting the customers applications and systems.
As a SRE your main responsibilities will be:
We expect you to:
- Design, implement and manage cloud infrastructures satisfying requirements of reliability, scalability and security.
- Design and implement application and server monitoring, identifying the metrics and specifying the alerts.
- Plan and execute configuration change operations both at the application and the infrastructure level.
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack.
- Participate to our on-call rotation to respond to incidents and provide support for service engineers with customer incidents.
Qualifications & Skills required:
- Deliver production solutions that are reliable and scale, identifying automation points, and propose ideas on how to improve efficiency.
- Improve the performance of the system by either making better use of resources, distributing load or reducing the latency.
- Improve monitoring and alerting, fighting alert spam.
- Document every action so your learnings turn into repeatable actions and then into automation.
- Use your on-call shift to prevent incidents from ever happening.
- Engage with our customers to triage customer issues via email and video conferencing.
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyse their application to current configuration management needs.
Nice to have:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong knowledge of Linux OS.
- Good experience with scripting languages (Python, Perl, shell).
- Experience with administration of Oracle database.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Couchbase, MongoDB).
- Experience with Docker containers and container orchestration tools (ex. Kubernetes, Docker Swarm).
- Good working knowledge of AWS cloud services (EC2, RDS, IAM, VPC, ...).
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving attitude.
- Experience with configuration management systems like Ansible, Chef or similar.
- Experience with Apache Tomcat.
- Good communication skills in English.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Good working knowledge of VMWare.
- Experience with the ELK stack (Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana) logging system.
- Experience with "infrastructure as a code” solutions like Terraform or AWS CloudFormation.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment