MAJIQ is a global leader in software for the pulp, paper, and nonwovens industry. MAJIQs industry knowledge, implementation track record, and software technology are unparalleled within the industry. MAJIQ sets the standard for reliability, functionality, and support for software solutions dedicated to the pulp, paper, and nonwovens industry.
MAJIQs flagship product is Elixir which is a desktop application written in C# and using Windows Forms. Elixir is a large application that has been developed with a primary focus on functionality and a lesser focus on UI design. To make Elixir more attractive to new customers we are in the process of doing a UI refresh to modernize the applications look and feel.
The Elixir suite is also made up of other applications that use both web technologies and WPF. We are looking for a UI/UX Developer who will be responsible for working with senior architects to complete the UI refresh and work with developers to design, develop and maintain the UI of Elixir. Along with Elixir the candidate will be responsible for working to design, develop and maintain the UI of the Elixir suite of applications.
The chosen individual will work out of the Contour Software Karachi resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
Desired Skills and Responsibilities:
Nice to Have:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of front-end designing / development experience.
- Experience producing user-centric design and user experience (process flows, user interaction, styling) on desktop and web applications.
- 3+ years experience of developing desktop applications in C# and WinForms using Visual Studio.
- Prior experience of developing XAML based UI in Visual Studio Blend.
- Strong experience of writing reusable UI components.
- Should have good knowledge of usability principles, and accessibility.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and strict deadlines.
- Understand business goals and can work as part of a team to achieve them.
- Pro-active, detailed, communicative and organized.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Experience of working with Infragistics AppStylist.
- Rapid prototyping skills.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment