TOPAZ was founded in 1979 and is part of the Constellation Software Inc. (CSI), family of companies. We provide compliance (IACUC, IRB, IBC management) software and animal facility management software to universities, pharmaceutical and biotec companies, hospitals and government agencies to assist with protocol management, animal facility operations, AAALAC compliance, animal health records, animal ordering, census and per diems and PI billing. With almost 40 years in the industry, TOPAZ is the established leader in delivering software-based solutions for complex regulatory environments.
We are seeking an outstanding, creative individual eager to join our team of talented QA professionals. This role requires a forward-looking person who embraces change while maintaining a pragmatic approach to software testing and timelines with a customer first perspective. This person thrives in an agile team environment and collaborates effectively with all team members. This role requires to have solid experience and expertise in manual testing.
The successful hire will be located and work out of the Contour Software Karachi office, working as part of the resource-center team, as an extension of the onshore R&D department/team.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline.
- 5+ years of professional manual testing experience with customer-facing enterprise software applications.
- Hands-on testing experience with Desktop and Web-based applications.
- Hands-on knowledge/experience of web technologies such as HTML, CSS, APIs etc.
- Experience with relational databases, Mongo DB3.
- Solid experience and proficiency in manual testing, approaches/techniques, and concepts.
- Strong test documentation/cases, test management, execution and reporting skills.
- Experience with testing tools for task tracking and documentation, such as JIRA/Confluence etc.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Strong aptitude towards business process and logic, as well as an out-of-the-box attitude.
- Strong ability to escalate issues to the relevant teams in a timely manner.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment, in collaboration with colleagues and supervisors in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-motivated, quick learner, and a strong and responsive team player.
- Very familiar with Agile development (Scrum).
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Basic SQL
- Mongo DB familiarity
- SOAP UI
- Excellent communication skills
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment