Vela Software acquires, manages and builds industry specific software businesses globally. Vela is an operating group of Constellation Software Inc., a leading provider of software and services to a select group of public and private sector markets. Constellation Software operates in over 100 countries and dozens of verticals. Constellation Software has completed over 350 acquisitions of small, medium and large private and public companies since its inception in 1995.
The division is looking for a skilled staff accountant to work out of the Contour Software Karachi office, working as part of the resource-center team.
Staff Accountant's job duties include working closely with the onshore manager to create and analyze financial reports, process accounts receivable/ payables and manage invoicing and reconciliations. Our ideal candidate holds an Accounting degree and is familiar with Microsoft Dynamics GP (GP) accounting software.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process within GP.
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct ledger (AR vs AP).
- Posting invoices batches within the sales module and ensuring that the invoices are being referred correctly in GP.
- Process cash receipts and apply them against invoices in GP.
- Process accounts payable by analyzing different invoices and making sure they are coded correctly and posting them into GP.
- Process invoice payments in GP.
- Reconciling the AR/AP subledger to the General Ledger.
- Performing monthly account reconciliations of Balance Sheet accounts.
- Investigate and resolve errors within GP within the uploading & posting process.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Proven accounting experience.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Independent with the ability to prioritize and work to tight deadlines.
- Efficient and goal oriented.
- Positive attitude.
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software.
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment