MAJIQ is the proven market leader for sales order processing and manufacturing execution systems software dedicated to the Pulp and Paper industry. We take pride in the well-built and robust technological solutions we bring to our customers, and we excel in providing software R&D, services and support beyond our competitors. MAJIQ provides support for our customers on a 24 hours a day, 7 days week basis. We have become trusted enterprise partners with our customers by delivering quality products and services that help their business become more profitable. We hire and retain great employees.
MAJIQ is part of over 100 companies within the Constellation Software Inc. family (csisoftware.com). We offer the benefit of working with a medium sized company while enjoying the support and opportunity of being part of a 2000 employee organization. Constellation Software is an international provider of market leading software and services to a number of industries across both the public and private sectors. Constellation acquires, manages and builds vertical market software businesses that provide mission-critical software solutions to address the specific needs of its customers in those industries.
MAJIQ is seeking a database administrator to join our staff in the continued evolution of our ElixirTM application. You will work closely with senior Product Engineering managers and other MAJIQ developers in support of the development and deployment of our product. A strong working knowledge of our customers core business is essential, which you will gain by monitoring, troubleshooting, tuning, and documenting the database schema(s) of customer databases worldwide. In addition, you will be responsible for monitoring customer systems, configuring databases, partnering with developers to ensure they work to a high level of quality in database related code, and assisting in the definition and installation of disaster recovery schemes.
- Perform application support, and Database (Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle) maintenance tasks.
- Develop procedures and scripts for continuous improvement, repeatable processes and database maintenance.
- Ensure consistency and completeness across customer systems.
- Research technical problems and assist in identifying solutions.
- Interact with application teams and client personnel on technical issues.
- Coordinate database changes with technical team, projects team and management,
- Provide expertise in SQL tuning, backup and recovery support, installation and configuration of Microsoft SQL Server & Oracle, patch installation, table and index partitioning, data archiving, database capacity planning, and complex security architectures.
- Write SSRS reports and Power BI solutions.
- Monitor and maintain database backups, optimization jobs, and integrity checks. Take corrective action as required.
- Perform database performance tuning, query optimization, reports, jobs and processes.
- Provide guidance and direction for new technology adoption.
- Assist in leading the technical direction for Database Administration by coordinating and presenting technology solutions to Group Leads, Team Leads, Managers, and the client.
- Participate in detailed design and product test execution as required.
- Identify and initiate process improvements.
- Identify and acquire industry technical and business knowledge.
- Other projects and duties as required.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- 2-7 years of experience providing database administration services in the Windows environment.
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze complex problems and create well documented solutions.
- Experience with Microsoft -SQL Server.
- Proficient in T-SQL, PL/SQL and writing complex SQL.
- Experience with instance configuration and tuning and query tuning.
- Experience with database upgrades and patches.
- Experience with database backup and recovery procedures.
- Experience with writing PowerShell scripts.
- Experience with SSIS packages.
- Experience with SSRS.
- Experience with Power BI solutions.
- Sound knowledge in advanced concepts such as database replication, materialized views, stand-by database(s), etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Ability to work under pressure both independently and within a team, in a fast paced environment.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Experience with Oracle 12c
- Azure SQL Database
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment