Founded in 1983 and welcomed to the Harris family in 2004, Cayenta business unit is the North American leader in technology for medium to large utility clients. We provide innovative end-to-end CIS and ERP solutions that were engineered from the ground up to be agile and seamless, ensuring that our clients have a platform for operational success.
We are looking for two BI Developers to design and develop Cognos reports as well as complex extensible framework models for customer solutions. This individual will use proven knowledge of the Cognos BI tools to develop and maintain existing and newly required reporting solutions. The developer is responsible for proactively identify opportunities to develop and upgrade reports based on findings, complete with recommended improvements to (or new requirements for) data analysis, business processes and/or operational procedures.
Key Responsibilities/Job Functions:
- Building reports to meet customer requirements as it relates to the ERP system.
- Building comprehensive Cognos Framework Models based on customer requirements (self-service BI)
- Business Intelligence and Data warehousing lifecycle experience and strong knowledge in understanding of the business processes.
- Expert knowledge and experience in BI Framework Model, Report Studio, Active Reports, Dynamic Cubes and Cognos Workspace advance
- Strong knowledge in BI security model and know how to apply it
- Strong developing skills in developing multi tabbed & multi report dashboards in Cognos BI
- Collaborating with clients and Team to resolve tickets within deadlines
- Maintenance and Enhancing of existing models, reports and cubes
- Supporting and Training clients and end-users.
- Managing the minor enhancements for the team and coordination of business user acceptance testing
The chosen individual will work out of the Contour Software Islamabad/Lahore/Karachi resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department. Desired Skills and Responsibilities:
Individuals who have 3-5 years demonstrable practical experience of PL/SQL, Oracle Reports and are willing to learn Cognos are encouraged to apply. Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of development experience working with Cognos BI (including Cognos v11)
- 2+ years working with Cognos dimensional modeling or dynamic cubes
- Understanding of best practice systems implementation
- Structured and strong organization skills in a client facing service-oriented organization
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment